The Controller is an operationally focused leader with responsibility and accountability over all direct and indirect financial activities. As the Controller, you will manage the Finance/Accounting and IT teams and be responsible for all facets of these departments ensuring that accurate and timely information is delivered. For the Finance/Accounting department, you will oversee the monthly accounting close, corporate taxes, compliance reporting, improve processes and procedures.
- Support month-end, quarter-end, and year-end accounting and tax processes
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliant operational procedures and processes that meet audit standards and improve reporting and company efficiency
- Anticipating and evaluating business needs to make sure that financial organization and systems appropriately support the company’s growth
- Create and manage budgeting tools to analyze budget-to actual/variance reporting, financial planning and analysis, and cost savings analysis
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Analyze income statement (volumes, margins, variances, semi-variable costs, fixed costs, SG&A, etc.) and inventory transactions to identify issues, report on performance and drive continuous improvement
- Analyze manufacturing cost variances and ensure proper valuation of inventories
- Oversee chart of accounts as needed
- Experience with establishing standard costing
- Analyze potential mergers and acquisitions
- Manage the IT and Finance/Accounting departments teams by setting expectations and supporting professional development
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
- Bachelors degree in Finance/Accounting and a minimum of four years relevant experience and/or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Proven experience creating and managing financial reporting procedures required
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of Finance and/or Accounting experience, preferably within a manufacturing, retail and/or start-up environment and management experience
- CPA or CMA certification preferred
- Knowledge and experience with ERP Systems, Microsoft Dynamics 365 a plus
This role requires an individual who has strong analytical skills, can work with established standards and guidelines, and who has the ability to make decisions quickly. This individual will have responsibility to ensure quality standards are met within the IT and Finance/Accounting departments.
This role requires an individual who strong analytical skills and can work with established standards and guidelines, ability to make decisions quickly. This individual will have directive leadership to assure quality standards are met.
All candidates must successfully complete a background check and drug screen.
EEOC Policy Statement Legal compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): We are an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.