DynCorp International LLC.
The Contracts Manager manages the formulation of contracts policies, procedures, methods, operating practices and performance standards for assigned program or business unit.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Manages the proper coordination of various types of agreements, subcontracts and other contract/legal documents with accounting, legal, program management and other organizations as necessary.
- Develops cost proposals to address request for proposal (RFP) requirements and approved cost strategies in accordance with cost estimating system requirements, company policies, and government regulations.
- Evaluates conformance of policies, practices and standards to meet business objectives in compliance with company policy, law and regulation.
- Advises and guides Contract department in export and control and licensing matters to ensure the upper management is kept fully aware of company’s compliance.
- Monitors performance, funding, and payments on assigned contracts. Notifies upper management and site Program Management of potential non-compliance and other problems that could have an adverse impact to the company.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretations of terms and conditions of assigned SBU.
- Manages the process for updating contract information in contract’s database ensuring all data is current and complete.
- Participates in contract disputes, claim resolutions and outside audits. May be assigned to take the lead in some cases.
- Negotiates proposals, contract modifications, and agreements as required within the limits of authority delegated by the upper management.
- Manages and integrates daily work activities of assigned employees to ensure compliance with corporate, contract and legal requirements.
- Develops and trains lower level employees in Contract Administration process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Thorough knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) and related federal and state legislation and regulations.
- Knowledge of various computer programs required (ex: Word, Excel, etc.) and working experience with spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of cost controls and international logistics support.
- Knowledge of Service Contract Act and Truth in Negotiations Act.
- Knowledge of international business management and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) if required for contract.
- Knowledge of accounting practices including DynCorp’s disclosed accounting practices.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
Experience & Education
- Eight (8) years of experience in contract administration and/or government cost accounting environment.
- Prefer two (2) years supervisory experience in contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline. Two (2) years Contracts Management or related field experience can be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Generally works in normal office environment, but may be required to travel domestically and internationally on short notice, to austere environments, under harsh living conditions
- Some positions will be assigned to overseas locations where living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable, with long hours, exposure to weather, dust, and hazardous/harsh conditions
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
EXECUTIVE ORDER 11246 Prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, or national origin and requires affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees treated, without regard to race, sex, color, genetic information, religion, or national origin. (Enforcement Agency: U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs).
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.