Consulting, Grants Fiscal Compliance Manager
On behalf of Pery Consulting Group and their respective clients, the ideal consultant will work with human services funders and partner subcontractors to ensure compliance with contract terms, policies and procedures and provide any necessary technical assistance. Pery Consulting Group offers a flexible and supportive environment working in collaboration with Consultant peers and a team lead to ensure there is adequate care in the management the expectation of our client agreements. The team lead outlines and adjust scopes of work based on client management expectations.
The essential skills required for the role include the ability to:
- Communicate information and ideas clearly both written and oral.
- Observe and evaluate the outcome of a problem and use the data to recommend systematic changes
- Read, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies and/or procedures.
- Evaluate information against a set of standards.
- Think logically in analyzing and solving problems.
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Work with a wide range of constituents in cooperative manner.
- Review, analyze and interpret financial documents.
- Able to use Microsoft Excel and Word for tracking, correspondence and analysis
- Knowledge of non-profit accounting and grant billing processes
- Knowledge of federal and other government grants management systems is essential; including reference of UAR Title 2 CFR 200. Typical funding sources will include Dept of VA, HUD CoC, HUD ESG, HUD HOPWA, DHHS, TANF, CDBG, state, local city and county funds and other California government municipalities.
Consultants are required to work independently but in collaboration with the Consultant leads to carry out the scope of assigned projects. The general scope of work includes:
- Tracking and managing a list of clients’ subcontractors’ billing, budget utilization and monitoring requirements
- Manage the processing of subcontractor invoicing by maintaining inventory, tracking receipt and processing, resolving technical issues, and ensuring invoices are properly coded for AP processing
- Managing and tracking subcontractor monitorings; conducting reviews, resolving technical issues, preparing reports, and maintaining reports as required by clients’ funders
- Coordinating funders’ external monitorings by working with Grant Accountants and Accounting teams to organize funders’ lists of required documents and ensuring that all supporting documents are made available for inspection
- Working with clients to help resolve funder questioned costs, risk issues, and implementing enhanced protocols to reduce findings and funding losses
- Conducting quarterly internal reviews of fiscal processes for programs with high risks such as Rapid rehousing, Homeless Prevention, and Representative Payee services
- Attending subcontractor partnership meetings to discuss budget, billing, and monitoring processes and help answer subject matter questions
- Assisting with responses to funder monitoring reports in order to clear questioned costs and findings
- Assisting with preparing SEFA schedules and coordinating Single Audit reviews
- Assisting with maintain grants data for clients; extracting contract data elements and maintaining them in grant matrix worksheets
- Assisting and train bookkeepers and AP staff with best practices in documentation management and presentation for audit
- Attending meetings with management to provide expertise with regards to federal grants management such as providing information on cash match and other federal regulation requirements
This is contracted work – you would be hired as an independent contractor and be required to pay your own SE tax and health insurance. The job offers flexibility and other benefits to help offset that. Pay is semi monthly based on a flat rate retainer. (such as Salaried employees)
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $6,500.00 to $7,500.00 /month
- Relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Grant Accounting/ Finance: 3 years (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.