We love helping people, and we’re seeking like-minded individuals. At Major Medical, we’re dedicated to being the industry’s leader in home medical equipment, and improving the lives of our customers. If you’re looking for a meaningful and enriching opportunity to care for patients in our local communities, then consider joining our family of fellow healthcare professionals. You can take pride in knowing that you play a large role in providing our patients with the products and quality of service they need to thrive independently. We distinguish ourselves from other providers by our clinical expertise, prompt and courteous service, and broad product selection. We hope to find another impactful team member in you!
Major Medical Supply is currently accepting applications for a Complex Respiratory Therapist; the territory will cover the Denver area, will be reimbursed for mileage. The Complex Respiratory Therapist position requires a high attention to detail, executing the day to day details with our Complex patients and must be extremely organized and efficient. Must have valid insurance and reliable car.
Please note, this position requires Respiratory Therapist licensure in the State of Colorado and is a direct patient care position.
We offer a competitive salary, health insurance, 401K, and paid time off as well as hands on training, and an outstanding work environment. Major Medical wants every customer to maintain the most independent and highest quality of life possible. Our home medical equipment and respiratory experts are here to evaluate customers’ individual needs, and help them find the most beneficial products and services. We are here to assist with consultation, selection and fitting of products, training and instruction.
- Manage clinically the assigned Complex Respiratory Patient population (including ventilator; trach; non-invasive and Bi-level ST patients) according to physician written plan of care and plan of treatment
- Manage patient specific supplies and equipment needs
- Educate patients and caregivers on equipment operation, maintenance, and safety
- Communicate necessary information to patient, caregivers and outside agencies involved in patient’s plan of care and makes recommendations as needed
- Collaborate with location and billing center staff in completing necessary payer documentation needed for reimbursement of services
- Participate in monthly Respiratory Therapy Meetings
- Follow up with client requests and issues
- Ensure equipment is functioning properly
- Successfully complete requested equipment competencies
- Complete weekly reports including the activity report, patient list, successes and challenges, etc.
- Facilitate clinical education opportunities as needed
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Manage preventive maintenance schedule for equipment assigned to patient
- Communicate with Branch General Managers regarding patient needs and concerns
- Manage information and documentation in patient specific chart binders
- Participate in chart audits as requested
- Collaborate with Account Managers regarding strategy to grow Complex Respiratory Program
- Assist with clinical information for policies and procedures as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- State of Colorado Licensed Respiratory Therapist
- Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background investigation
- Active Respiratory Therapist license in the State of Colorado
- Willingness to learn and grow with the position
- Significant and appropriate healthcare industry experience.
- Proficient with basic software applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills in person, on the phone, and in writing
- Highly organized & Detail oriented
- Ability to logically solve problems with little supervision
- Discretion in handling and communicating sensitive information
- A positive attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Ability to manage a diverse and large caseload
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently under tight time constraints
Must have qualities:
- Must Love Helping People! Both internally and externally
- High level of attention to detail
- Innovation and thinking outside the box
- Exceptional communication skills – written and verbal
- Must maintain a high level of internal customer service
- Problem solving skills – Solution oriented
- Willingness to learn and contribute
- Be an effective and positive team member
Major Medical will not discriminate against qualified applicants for employment and employees based on race, religion, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or physical or mental disability, or other protected category, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment. The Company will take affirmative action with respect to such persons as required and permitted by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Respiratory Therapist: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.