The Compensation & Payroll Manager is responsible for the ongoing maintenance and control of all payroll processing efforts, and communication and coordination efforts with outside vendors for the provision of all Firm benefit programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Accomplishes payroll human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets payroll operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Meets payroll financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Updates records by reviewing and entering changes in exemptions, insurance changes, deductions, paid-time not worked, status, and pay; calculating vacation earned.
- Prepares pay by verifying time records; calculating and producing checks or electronic transfers; calculating and producing ad-hoc and recurring incentive bonuses.
- Balances payroll accounts by auditing information; identifying and resolving discrepancies; initiating journal entries.
- Produce compensation analysis and recommendations for new job requisitions and employee reviews based on internal and external factors.
- Oversee firm’s insurance needs and vendor relationships; medical, dental, vision, EPLI, etc.
- Determines payroll liabilities by entering federal and state income and social security tax information, 401k transfer and direct deposits, wage assignments and garnishments.
- Fulfills wage garnishment requirements by completing forms; adjusting payroll records, documenting and transmitting withholdings; negotiating with collection agencies to convert garnishments to wage assignments.
- Remits tax payments by collecting and verifying data; preparing federal, state, and local tax reports, and W2 statements; initiating payment.
- Maintains professional relationships with all benefit providers in order to ensure timely and accurate service. This includes, but is not limited to, Health and Welfare insurance providers, 401(k) providers, etc.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Collaborate with HR, executive and individual teams on programs to boost employee recruitment, employee retention and firm image.
QUALITIES/SKILLS needed to successfully perform job duties and responsibilities.
- Minimum of 5 years of payroll experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with ADP Workforce Now Payroll and HR systems.
- Experience in a shared service environment and solid understanding of HR cycles.
- HR experience preferably in a professional services environment.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and follow through to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; appropriately communicates with all levels of customers from assistants to Sr. Executives.
- Ability to adapt to changing environment and support of multiple clients.
- Ability to analyze/interpret data and take appropriate action.
- Impeccable sense of confidentiality.
- Ability & interest in training other team members.
- Working knowledge of email, Internet Explorer, Excel and Access.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to general office conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to low.
- Competitive pay and benefits: medical, vision, dental, 401(k)
- Extended and comprehensive training
- Weekly breakfast provided for staff
- Monthly birthday celebrations
- Fun company culture with an emphasis on teamwork
Knight Law Group, LLP is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Knight Law Group, LLP will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.