PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Responsible for aligning Rackspace cloud and hybrid solutions to the business requirements of strategically-valuablecustomers and prospects, and bringing grassroots market intelligence back to Rackspace to help craft technical sales strategy and to focus product development on customers’ business needs. Interfaces with customers’ executive-level IT personnel at a business-strategy level in addition to working with developers, DevOps engineers, and other tactical contacts.
- KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITY: Strong knowledge of all Rackspace products, business units, and segments. Deep understanding of Rackspace’s strategic partners, vision, and roadmap. Extensive knowledge of competitors’ offerings, as well as their strengths and weaknesses is essential. Broad knowledge of IT systems in general, cloud and Internet technologies in particular, and the ongoing development of both. Must have conversational knowledge of business finance, particularly as it relates to information technology. Strong attention to detail. Strong follow-through techniques. Extraordinary writing, editing, communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to lead and develop a team if called upon. Proven ability and experience in systems analysis and cloud/hybrid architecture. Able to “think outside the box” to consultatively and strategically architect complex IT systems to support customers’ strategic goals. Able to include future technologies in current discussions. Able to present technical and business concepts in a clear manner to VP/ Chief Officer-level customers and prospects, to speak their language, and to communicate proficiently with technical experts on a wide variety of IT subjects. Must have a high degree of confidence and poise. Must be able to gain the trust and respect of customers in order to gain high-level strategic insight into their business. Expected to present to medium to large audiences at industry events, and to lead focus groups and roundtable discussions. Able to build, maintain, and enhance business relationships.
- JOB COMPLEXITY: Collaborates with Account Executives, Business Development Consultants, Account Managers, and Systems Engineers to identify and engage select high-potential customers. Collaborates consultatively with customers and prospective customers to analyze their strategic business goals and architect Rackspace solutions as key components of their overall IT landscape. Collaborates with Rackspace leaders and personnel to facilitate complex, innovative, and often non-standard Rackspace solutions. Must operate across organizational and computing “silos” to facilitate complex solutions. Provides industry though-leadership through deep relationships, both within Rackspace and within customer organizations, in online and print publications, and potentially at public speaking engagements. Works with Rackspace leadership to help align the product roadmap and overall hosting strategy with customer demand. Works closely with strategic partners to maximize our relationship, which could entail partner training and other activities. Responsible for maintaining ongoing professional development with minimal guidance in order to provide current and forward-looking consultation to customers. Keeps abreast of industry trends and practices. Works with SWAN team and other Rackspace operational teams to architect large or strategic cloud and hybrid solutions, which will often involve solving for complex requirements with outside-the-box solutions that help shape and evolve solution architecture at Rackspace. Partners with the Chief Sales Strategist on strategic SMB Sales opportunities, which should evolve from primary opportunity ownership to more of an advisory role to SMB sales personnel. Meets with key technical thought leaders at Rackspace to help shape Rackspace strategy and the roadmap. Works with marketing and product marketing to optimally align our marketing efforts with insights gained in the role. Presents at trade shows, industry events, and Rackspace hosted functions as required.
- SUPERVISION: Requires minimal supervision.
- EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: High school diploma required. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in information technology or a related field required. Experience may substitute for a degree requirement at the equivalency of 3 years of experience to 1 year of education. Requires a minimum of 10 years of combined technical support experience and pre-sales technical support experience. Role is not EB-2 qualified.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: General office environment. May require long periods sitting and viewing a computer monitor. Moderate levels of stress may occur at times. No special physical demands required. Up to 50% travel routinely required, with occasional bursts above that level.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.