Performs phlebotomy and other collection procedures for analysis or other medical purposes. Verifies patient identity. Orders tests, processes patient specimens, and performs quality control. May perform registration, courier or clerical duties
depending on location.
1. Performs phlebotomy and other collection procedures appropriately and according to established procedures.
2. Performs specialized collection procedures such as urine drug collections and PPD’s if required.
3. Greets and registers the patient by obtaining patient demographics, billing/insurance information, Advanced Beneficiary Notice (ABN), collecting
co-payments, etc. as needed.
4. Processes requisitions and enters test orders into the computer system. Performs inquiry functions, specimen transport verification, and retrieves
and prints collection labels.
5. Receives, processes and/or stores specimens as appropriate, centrifuging, splitting, acidifying, aliquoting, measuring and stabilizing. Ensures that
information on the requisition matches labels and that tests ordered are in compliance with physician or clients’ requests. Ensures that each test requested is allocated to the proper department, inside or outside of the lab. Performs biohazard disposal as needed or appropriate.
6. Depending on location, may serve as a courier, runner or materials handler.
7. Orders and maintains supplies and inventory.
H.S. diploma or equivalent.
Must meet one of the following:
Completion of a relevant phlebotomy training program
Three (3) months to two (2) years phlebotomy experience
Depending on location, may require a grade of average of the alphanumeric
typing test. (4,000 – 5,999 key strokes).
PBT (ASCP) or equivalent certification
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.