General Roles & Responsibilities: A position charged to ensure the best financial practices at Harbor Science and Arts Charter School (HSACS) which include:
- The development of monthly and quarterly financial reports including forecasts through fiscal year-end, which will help HSACS make informed decisions based on data instead of instinct;
- The creation of sound annual and multi-year budgets based on reasonable assumptions from charter school history and trends;
- The management of the accounting and payroll systems as well as bank and credit accounts to ensure the accuracy of financial information; and
- The implementation of structures, systems and controls to support smooth and efficient financial operations including reporting, audits and external evaluations.
Specific duties include school general accounting and bookkeeping using QuickBooks. The oversight of school purchases and ordering. Review of per-pupil invoices for the Department of Education. Responsible for all financial reporting, budgeting, grant financial management, payroll review, and oversight of the annual school audit. A more detailed job description will be made available upon further interest in the position.
Qualifications: Advanced degree preferred or equivalent public/private sector business or school operations experience.
- 2-4 years of work experience.
- Strong communication, written and analytical skills.
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel, financial modeling, and forecasting.
- Interest in helping with business development and marketing initiatives.
- Ability to work non-standard hours to attend board meetings, etc.
- Commitment to education and knowledge of charter schools a major plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Relevant: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.