- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of accounting firm or public company experience.
- Experience in process improvement and changes.
- CPA or CA.
- Database experience including proficiency in SQL coding across standard commercial databases.
- Proven ability to influence across the company and to interact at all levels.
- Strong ability to understand complex systems; Analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent communication, leadership skills, project management, and organizational skills; excellent attention to details.
Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. As a member of this team, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You’ll advise on financial reports required by governmental regulations, and you’ll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports – and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day is a new challenge, and you’re continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it’s all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Google’s business objectives.
You’ll be the lead for an accounting process from end to end. Other responsibilities include reconciling balance sheets and P&L accounts, and providing supplementary financial information for internal and external reports.
As a Business Controller for Payments, you will focus on managing financial risk and developing/maintaining scalable accounting and compliance processes to support payments platform and payments products.
The name Google came from “googol,” a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual accounting activities for the business area, including review and approve monthly journal entries and corresponding reconciliations, prepare quarterly financials for regulatory reporting and annual statutory reporting.
- Design and maintain effective internal control environment and compliance programs to ensure accuracy of financials. Prepare for and assist with internal, SOX, and external audits.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements/outsourcing/automation and drive implementation of the solutions. Support new and existing products, provide accounting guidance on business models and decisions, and pull together the operational components to enable successful launches.
- Review agreements; provide feedback and accounting guidance to ensure adequate process design and structures.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.