Job Brief: Are you ready to bring your whole self to work? Do you want to make a dent or a difference? Leave an impression or make a lasting impact? Are you ready for this?
With extensive knowledge of SAG/AFTRA/AFM contracts and talent reuse payments, the Business Affairs Manager creates the estimate, generates the purchase orders, processes invoices, handles contracts/agreements, 3rd party clearances, estimates talent session and residual fees, negotiates licensed music, assists with voice-over searches, processes talent holding fees, and finalizes the jobs. Works closely with Producers, Account Team, Creative and Finance Departments.
- Confirm concepts have been submitted for agency legal clearance and handle any legal clearances and licensing matters
- Assist Producers with any legal concerns/searches (i.e. music licenses/contracts, stock image licenses/contracts, releases, etc.)
- Generate production estimates based on Producer’s direction
- Prepare contracts and purchase orders for suppliers
- Submit all production jobs for insurance coverage
- Assist Producers with monitoring radio, television & print production estimates for overages and make necessary estimate revisions.
- Maintain & manage agency internal estimate numbers
- Work with Producers to reconcile and close production jobs
- Work with Producers on all union talent-related issues as per union guidelines:
- Estimate talent costs for television shoots
- Provide talent contracts for sessions & process for talent payments
- Generate final talent reports
- Handle all talent negotiations when needed
- Handle all union requirements for use of talent (i.e. cast clearances, notification of non-union talent used, down/up/out grading talent, lifting talent into new commercials, etc.)
- Handle any talent issues with production companies and/or talent agents
- Work with Producers on union and non-union talent-related issues
- Work with AE’s to issue & maintain talent reuse estimates on a quarterly or per commercial basis for all television, radio & internet commercials
- Oversee that all union talent reuse payments are being paid properly by talent payroll vendor and are on budget
- Remain updated on all SAG, AFTRA & AFM union guidelines, and handle all union inquiries, claims, audits, etc.
- Responsible, self-motivated, highly organized individual who learns quickly and communicates well with others
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with tight time lines is a must
- A high degree of professionalism with a strong focus on accuracy, attention-to-detail, and timeliness is a must
- Flexible and able to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to follow-up effectively and work well under pressure
- Extensive Knowledge of AFM, AFTRA, and SAG union contracts
- A minimum of 4 years experience in Broadcast Business Affairs
- Current computer/software knowledge and a willingness to learn new technologies
- Able to work extended hours when necessary
- Advertising Agency background
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.