Accounting Manager / Assistant Controller*
Roadwire Inc. is a privately-owned company and has been in business almost 50 years and is the industry leader in the luxury automotive leather and accessories business. Roadwire is headquarted in Austin, TX. The business operates manufacturing facilities in Mexico with over 20 installation and distribution centers in the US. This position is responsible for assisting and providing Corporate Controller on all financial related tasks. This position should have excellent math skills and passion for finding solutions to complex problems. We are looking for a self-starting, self-driven, highly detailed professional who practices discretion in all corporate matters and does not mind working with numerous activities at once. We need someone who respects deadlines and does not minds wearing a few different hats at a time, especially during month end and audit seasons.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Support the Corporate Controller and ensure accurate and timely month end and year end financials and close process, including financial audit schedules and clean external audits.
- Coordinate financial audits with and the Corporate Controller.
- Prepare financial statements and supporting analytical information.
- Lead the financial integration of newly acquired entities.
- Establish internal control systems to prevent inaccuracies in financial statements.
- Maintaining the accuracy of the balance sheet including the timely preparation of account reconciliation.
- Delegate data entry tasks with junior accounting staff.
- Supervise staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Prepare/review journal entries on a monthly basis.
- Maintain accounting and reporting of our lease obligations and fixed assets.
- Support the valuation of inventory including the inventory standards, physical counts and provisions required.
- Maintain and reconcile intercompany transactions in all sites.
- Supervise general ledger team to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Mentor manage and train new and existing staff as assigned.
- Support Corporate Controller with special projects and process improvements.
- Respond to inquiries from the CFO, Corporate Controller, and other company wide managers regarding financial results and special reporting requests.
- BA/BS in Accounting required.
- CPA desired, but not required.
*Technical Skills and Prior Experience:
- Five years’+ experience, including prior supervisory experience, in the financial reporting/general ledger area.
- Experience with NetSuite a plus.
- The candidate must be comfortable with complex accounting matters and demonstrate competency in US GAAP, current accounting regulations and internal controls.
- Background in manufacturing and B2B distribution beneficial
- Background with international subsidiaries and supply channels
- The candidate must have strong communication (oral and written) and relationship building skills.
- The candidate must have excellent analytic skills and the ability to collaborate with a multi-department team.
- Strong Office Skills particularly with Excel (Lookup, Pivot Tables, Data Filtering)
- Combination of hands on transaction requirements plus the ability to make decisions and functional support of controller role
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Experience and willingness to make process and systems improvement to reduce manual processes to provide value added services to management team
- Ability to lead organization and provide guidance to employees in offsite branches
- Works well in multi-division environment providing required information on time and with quality
- Strong internal control knowledge and ability to direct the organization in the proper accounting treatment of transactions
Job Type: Full-time
- Finance: 5 years (Required)
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- International Subsidiary Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing or B2B Product Distribution Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Netsuite: 3 years (Preferred)
- Multi site, multi subsidiary accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.