Culver City, CA / Full Time
Moon Juice is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented, and collaborative Accounting Manager to join our team. In this role, you will contribute management level accounting expertise, across functional departments including E-commerce, Operations, Marketing. The Accounting Manager may oversee accounting staff. You will manage month end closing, AP/AR processes, system processes, provide guidance to department managers supporting analytics and budgetary information that align with the company goals. This is a senior position that is proactive and solution-oriented. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and wish to build and implement accounting best practices. You are always looking for opportunities for improvement, automation and efficiencies. You will report to the Controller.
Additional areas of skills and responsibilities are listed below.
- Lead full-cycle month end and manage company close calendar
- Month end includes recording journal entries, account reconciliations, bank reconciliations, payment processors, delivery services and oversee company credit card reconciliation by AP.
- Reconcile/record revenue transactions (sales, deferrals, gift cards, loyalty points, accruals, sales returns, discounts)
- Manage month end inventory reconciliation and collaborate with Operations for inventory integrity
- Accruals oversight including overseeing proper period recognition of expenses, ensuring accruals are properly coded and reversed
- Produce month end schedules including: Fixed assets, prepaid expenses, liability accounts
- Review monthly financials for proper recognition and presentation, drafting of financials, preparing departmental views
- AP oversight including approvals (vendors, invoices, PO review), ensuring expenses are properly classified, overseeing recommended payment reports, payment terms and subledger reconciliation
- AR oversight including approvals (customers, invoices), preparing AR aging reports, collections, and subledger reconciliation
- Oversee a data transfer activity through various system integrations (Quick books, Fishbowl/Inventory, Shopify). Compliance oversight communicating across departments for system best practices
- Accounting system management including COA updates, closing the period, and adding classes/departments
- 1099 oversight, including final approval before submission
- Assist Controller with oversight of sales and use tax reporting & returns, managing and overseeing the Business License, Sellers Permit, Business Property, Sales & Use tax
- Regular analytic support for E-commerce and Store teams (e.g. Sales mix of business, subscription reporting etc.)
- Ad-hoc analysis and ROI analysis as needed
Required skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 6+ years of accounting experience in a fast-paced environment
- Start-up or small company experience
- Leadership level communication, analytical, and time management skills
- Maintain high attention to detail and strict deadlines
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of QuickBooks and Excel. Access and data queries skills a plus
- Strong technical skills especially experience with inventory, manufacturing, retail stores/POS and E-commerce
About Moon Juice:
Moon Juice is the trailblazing mecca for adaptogenic beauty and wellbeing. Created in Venice, CA by wellness rebel and entrepreneur, Amanda Chantal Bacon, Moon Juice is equal parts art and medicine; and as much about plants as pleasure. We source the most potent plants on earth by carefully selecting the source of each of our ingredients to ensure the highest quality ingredients with maximum effectiveness. Our superherbs, supermushrooms and superminerals are sustainably farmed in their native regions, harvested at peak potency, and imported whole. We perform custom extractions using natural spring water at a wind powered facility in the Pacific Northwest. The results are ingredients and products that are extremely potent, supremely pure, and radically effective.
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with Moon Juice may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. We may be unable to follow-up with each and every applicant. If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation in order to apply for a posted job, please contact us at 310-730-5455 ext. 0409. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under federal law. Moon Juice is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.