Currently we provide services to over 300 charter schools, many of them located in low-income, inner-city areas and/or with high English Language Learner populations. We are seeking an Accounting and Operations Manager who will share our enthusiasm to support these schools with high-value services, so school leaders may focus their attention where it matters most – on providing an excellent education for their students. Ideal candidates will have an entrepreneurial approach, be a self-starter, and have comfort with fast-growing organizations.
- Manage Accounting and Financial Operations teams.
- Ensure timely closing of month-end books for over 100 non-profit organizations.
- Mentor and develop team members.
- Manage and optimize accounting systems and processes; create and disseminate detailed documentation and workflow charts.
- Develop and enhance accounting services based on the needs of our schools and their funders.
- Provide hands-on school accounting services, including monthly closes, journal entries and year-end audit preparation.
- Develop and implement non-profit fund accounting procedures and reporting; provide fund accounting guidance and training to schools and internal staff.
- Ensure all school financial reports and disclosures comply with applicable governmental regulations, professional standards, and organizational policies.
- Oversee development and maintenance of state-specific accounting knowledge base for internal and client use.
- CPA or equivalent full-service accounting work experience.
- 7+ years of management experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing, documenting and implementing financial processes.
- Experience implementing accounting systems and process workflow applications.
- School or Non-Profit experience a huge plus.
- Convenient commute to our Headquarters in Emeryville.
- Mission-driven focus.
Competitive salary based on experience + performance bonus. Excellent Benefits (health, dental, vision, flexplan, 401k).
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Please note, resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
EdTec is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EdTec Inc. (edtec.com) is a social enterprise committed to improving public education by supporting charter schools with business, operations, and performance services. EdTec is growing on a national scale and currently works with schools in eight states. We are headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area (Emeryville), with offices in Atlanta, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, and NYC.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.