The HoneyBaked Ham Company
After nearly 60 years in business, HoneyBaked Ham is still deeply committed to our Mission-Celebrating life, one meal at a time. We are the home of the world’s greatest ham, and the secret to our success isn’t a secret at all-it is our associates. They are part of a high performance team that is committed to treating customers like gold and proudly stands behind every one of our products.
We’re looking for a great Accounting Manager to join the #HamFam. This role is responsible for managing and overseeing daily accounting functions, supervising accounting staff, month-end close process, preparing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and monthly supporting schedules and reports. Additionally, the manager emsures the accounting team provides superior value-based decision support while maintaining an appropriate internal control environment.
- Executes activities relating to financial data management and reporting to ensure the accurate and timely availability of appropriate financial information.
- Leads the monthly close ensuring timeliness and accuracy of the general ledger and reviews financial statements for accuracy and compliance with financial reporting requirements, including, but not limited to:
- Revenues and related discounts
- Costs of goods sold
- Marketing/selling/royalties expenditures
- Assists the Assistant Controller in ensuring that financial structures, systems, procedures, and controls are developed and maintained which enhance the overall financial condition of the Company while enforcing financial discipline and ensuring the security of the company’s assets.
- Provides leadership to direct reports and other associates through the implementation and reinforcement of leadership and team building principles.
- Coordinates and manages financial information and support to outside auditors, governmental agencies, tax consultants and other organizations.
- Leads and manages the balance sheet reconciliation process for the Accounting department.
- Provides support to other teams to help improve business processes and systems.
- Identifies and executes process improvements by challenging and enhancing existing policies and procedures.
- Responsible for accounting processes and systems, which ensure data integrity, accuracy, and completeness of the Company’s financial records including internal and external reports and regulatory filings.
- Works on projects and assignments as requested by the Assistant Controller and Controller.
This position manages a Senior Accountant and two Staff Accountants
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Senior Accountant role
- Prior work experience with a company that is multi-location and preferably retail
- Excellent financial and analysis skills and a thorough background in accounting and finance principles
- Strong business sense and communication skills
A Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting along with a CPA certification
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Public accounting experience highly preferred.
- Detail understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and generally accepted auditing standards.
- Ability to:
- Analyze/interpret information and make recommendations that optimize business performance.
- Evaluate and improve financial processes and accelerate the monthly closing process.
- Enhance quality of accounting transactions and management reporting.
- Effectively lead the organization in meeting team objectives and provide dynamic leadership to the organization.
- Apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of issues, especially in process improvements.
- Consult with the organization on information systems enhancements.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills in a dynamically changing environment.
- Experience with systems development and implementation efforts.
- Demonstrated results orientation along with a high degree of integrity.
- Experience closing multiple company books.
- Great Plains knowledge and experience is highly preferred.
- TM1 experience preferred.
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.