Palm Beach State College
Responsible for the maintenance and accurate accounting of control and fiscal reporting of Grants, Restricted Funds, and Foundation transactions. Collaborates with grant managers to coordinate budgets, accounts analysis, revenue/expenditure review and program compliance. Manages functions for restricted and nonprofit funds utilizing OMB (Office of Management and Budget) related to Federal Grants. Creates financial compliance reports. Works directly with auditor’s representatives, internal departments and various agencies to resolve any issues or questions. Develops and provides training to grants and foundation accounting staff.
Starting Pay57,968.00 USD
Duties and Responsibilities:
(This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary)
- Guide, lead, review, verify, observe, and manage the work of people reporting directly to you.
- Plan, direct, and control the work of people who do not report directly to you, but who provide support to the goals and objectives of your organization.
- Prepare comprehensive annual financial reports.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts. Includes all adjusting work, matching and reconciling source documents.
- Oversee accounting duties and activities as they relate to the College Foundation.
- Manage budgets for foundation and foundation fund raising projects, including annual funds and major gifts.
- Prepare required reports for various internal and external requests.
- Submit and verify information to answer audit questions.
- Prepare status and/or final reports for funding agencies and/or industry.
- Coordinate and assist project director to ensure the timeliness, content and professional quality of grant reporting requirements to funding agency.
- Coordinate the conduct of the external audit. Includes activities supporting the external audit.
- Provide pertinent financial data/reports and recommendations to senior administrators.
- Prepare interim financial reports, monthly reports, and other financial reports.
- Evaluate and ensure procedures for compliance with federal state, local institutional laws and regulations.
- Prepare for participation in Community/Program Advisory Board, School District, and/or Foundation Committee meetings.
- Design complex spreadsheets, with multiple function formulas and links.
- Coordinate the development, application and administration of the Indirect Cost Rate.
- Monitor expenditure and revenue patterns and adjust the budget, as needed.
- Analyze accounts and accounting records. Includes variance analysis.
- Initiate and participate in the development and review of finance policies and procedures governing grants and projects; distribute and explain these policies and procedures to faculty and staff.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications :
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field of study
- 4+ years related work experience
- 1+ years supervisory/managerial experience
- Fund Accounting practices
- Microsoft Office Professional or similar applications.
- Project management leadership and ability to meet deadlines
- Verbal and written communication
- Customer Service
- Attention to Detail
- Problem and situation analysis
- Multitasking capabilities
- Strong leadership
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Manage budget
- Present and address questions from management
- Maintain effective working relationships
- Demonstrate critical thinking & interpersonal skills
- Work with diverse populations and varying education levels
- Prioritize assignments, workload, and manage time accordingly
Preferred Qualifications :
- Workday software suite
- Policies, development, and implementation of Grant foundation accounting
Licenses, Registration, Certifications, or Special Requirements:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Work Environment and Physical Demand:
- Reach and grasp objects.
- Stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Stand for extended periods of time.
- Use of video display terminal.
- Use of manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
- Communicate information orally and in writing.
- Receive and understand information through oral and written communication.
- Proofread and check documents for accuracy.
- Work a fluctuating work schedule.
This job description is intended to be generic in nature and describe the essential functions of the job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The essential duties, functions and responsibilities, and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific tasks assigned to the position.
- Carefully review the minimum qualifications advertised for the available position as only applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be considered.
- Background Check/ Drug Screen may be required based on the specific requirements of the position for which the application is being submitted. Employment is contingent upon the passing of a drug test and upon completion of a criminal background investigation.
- An important goal of the Office of Human Resources is to respond to all applicants once a selection is made. Please take notice of the position closing date advertised. Whenever positions are filled, the Office of Human Resources responds to all applicants who have submitted applications.
This position is open until filled
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.