NEW HORIZONS COMPUTER LEARNING CENTERS, INC.
POSITION: Accounting Manager DEPARTMENT: General Accounting
REPORTS TO: Corporate Controller FLSA STATUS: Exempt
- Prepare and/or review journal entries, account analyses and monthly financial statements.
- Assist Controller with Month/Year end financial reporting, closing schedules and audits.
- Manage staff of four (Staff Accountant, AP Specialist, AR Specialist and General Accounting Specialist.)
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations and ensure that there is a redundant process backup in place for every critical operation
- Utilize accounting knowledge to ensure that financial statements are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls.
- Research new accounting pronouncements and disclosure requirements.
- Perform special projects.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
- Prior supervision of staff required.
- Public accounting foundation a plus.
- Experience with GAAP reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams.
- Working knowledge of current, generally accepted accounting principles and GAAP research skills.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to make sound recommendations to management for required GAAP disclosures.
- Experienced in preparation of annual/quarterly financial statements and notes.
- Great Plains & Management Reporter experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to streamline and automate complex processes.
- Individual must be well organized and have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Requires an ability to work closely with detail and produce accurate results under time pressure.
- Requires skills necessary to establish and meet deadlines and set priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA strongly preferred
Job Type: Full-time
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.