Accounting Manager Position Summary: Innovative manufacturing company seeks an experienced Accounting Manager proficient with Microsoft Excel, who possesses exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills, with a keen eye for detail. The successful candidate will provide financial analysis, forecasting, be involved in all levels of accounting and have experience in a privately held company. This position will direct all financial day to day activities of the accounting department.
Manages two non-supervisory employees, one exempt and one non-exempt. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the accounting department.
- interviewing, hiring, and training employees
- planning, assigning, and directing work
- appraising performance
- rewarding and disciplining employees.
Accounting Manager Essential Duties and Expectations
- Manage the daily operations of the accounting department to include, but not limited to, month/year end processes, accounts payable and receivable, invoicing, cash receipts, general ledger, revenue and expenditure analysis, capital asset reconciliations, check runs, and fixed asset activity.
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles to meet accounting objectives.
- Delegate authority as necessary for the receipt, disbursement, banking, protection, and custody of funds, securities, and financial instruments.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
- Receive, record, and authorize requests for disbursements in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of accounting staff, recommending personnel actions.
- Maintain relationships with banking, insurance, and non-organizational accounting personnel to facilitate financial activities.
- Develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as cash and credit management and accounting.
- Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
- Monitor financial activities and details, such as cash flow and reserve levels, to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
- Other duties as assigned by manger or ownership.
Education and Essential Qualities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business in Accounting required
- Minimum 10 years progressive accounting experience with prior supervisory or managerial experience required
- Accounting experience working at a privately held company.
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Manufacturing Industry Experience strongly preferred
- Prior experience with software conversion is HUGE plus
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data. Exceptionally strong analytical and spreadsheet skills with attention to detail.
- Effective verbal and written communication with all levels of the organization, including owners and executives.
- Identify complex problems, review related information to develop and evaluate options, then implement solutions including creating spreadsheets.
- Motivate, develop, and direct people as they work in a positive manner.
- Effective time management skills.
- Due to the nature of this position, a personal credit check will be performed on the selected candidate.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.