InvestRes’ mission is to empower people to rise up and live abundantly. We combine a powerful online platform with high-autonomy teams building tech-enabled solutions to attack real economy sectors ripe for innovation. InvestRes is the real estate private equity company within the Trustwork Nation. Our aim is to be the premier service to investors and owners of residential real estate. We have over $1 billion of assets, have consistently performed in the top quartile of all real estate private equity companies, and we were twice-named Fortune’s Top 100 Best Places to Work in the U.S. If you are a bold entrepreneur who gets excited about making a difference, keep reading.
At InvestRes you will work with A-level talent to drive superior returns for our investors in a principled way. You will interface with our sister companies, ResProp Management and Trustwork, to apply cutting-edge technology to our business that charts a new course in residential real estate. Come help us empower people to rise up and live abundantly.
Before applying please review our ideals and virtues at trustwork.com/#about ( trustwork.com/#about ).
Our Senior Accountants provide general support for the accounting, asset management and field teammates in the areas of data entry, analysis, reconciliations and reporting of all financial activity. They also handle acquisition and disposition accounting for our properties and internal and external financial reporting for our funds. Our Senior Accountants coach and mentor our staff accountants and are comfortable communicating directly with regional and senior management.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Financial Reviews – Manage monthly financial close process. Review assigned properties for financial accuracy based on internal policies or owners specifications. Ensure all cost and receipts are properly recorded, review journal entries and account balances
- Utilities – Oversee the implementation and set up of all new utilities. Facilitate and maintain relationship with 3rd party utility processing company
- Acquisitions – Ensure all set up related items pertaining to accounting are handled and implemented for new acquisitions (utilities, beginning entries, beginning balances, prorations, review of property management agreement, financials)
- Disposition – Review and complete final prorations, provide any requested financial documents related to sale or disposition, post closing statements
- Management Fees – Calculate monthly management fees based on property management agreement
- Constructions Management Fees Calculate monthly construction management fees based on property management agreement
- Monitor and review bank reconciliations
- Cash Management – Stop payments, wires, and transfers. Prepare monthly funding/cash analysis
- Replacement Reserve draws – Assist team with preparing and completing draws based on lender requirements
- 3rd Party Management Reporting – Review and assist with preparing monthly reporting packages for 3PM owners. Maintain relationships with owners, respond to financial questions, and assist with owner requests
- Provide support, guidance and training for accountants to ensure policies and procedures are being followed
- Projects – Evaluating, developing, and improving department controls, systems, and procedures to increase accuracy and efficiency
- Hiring/Training – Conduct interviews and train new teammates
- Assist controller with audits and other ad hoc requests
NOTE: This job description is inclusive of but not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions may be required as deemed necessary by the Controller.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and a minimum of 3-5 years of work experience; CPA or previous public accounting experience preferred.
- Excellent understanding of GAAP and experience with financial reporting.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience training staff.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working at a fast pace and under tight deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills:
- General understanding of advanced computerized accounting systems
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel.
- Strong attention to detail with unwavering integrity.
- Desire to thrive and be successful in a fast-paced, deadline driven, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment.
What we provide:
- Awesome, performance based culture
- Coaching and stretch assignments that will test your limits
- Ability to learn and grow in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (discretionary)
- Discounted rent at any properties owned by ResProp Management (our sister company).
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.