Position Title: Accounting Manager
Department/Location: Corporate Office
Accountable To: President/Director of Accounting/Controller
Supervises: Staff Accountants
Principle Responsibilities & Position Purpose:
Responsible for driving hotels’ financial performance through continuous review and monitoring of hotels’ monthly and annual results, providing feedback to the appropriate Leadership Team, and suggesting adjustments when appropriate. The following will account for almost all the time the
Accounting Manager works and takes place within the private Accounting Office, but does not limit possible needs outside of the Corporate Office.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferable
- 5+ Years of experience in general accounting, preferably with experience in a hotel, resort, conference center or corporate hotel environment
- Must be a strong leader, self-motivator, team builder
- Must be willing and able to sign Paragon’s non-disclosure and non-compete agreements
- Must display professionalism and have characteristics of honesty and trustworthiness
- Must have excellent attendance and be punctual
- Work Environment & Context:
- Must be able to perform major life activities: standing, lifting, bending, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating
- Must be able to stand for eight hours, bend, stretch, and reach
- Work schedule varies and may include occasionally working on
- Holidays, weekends, and evenings. Long hours sometimes required
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30 pounds
- Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Knowledgeable in:
- Chart of accounts
- Line items on P&Ls
- Vendors that are used at each designated property
- Computer literate
- Good Listener
- Empathetic and tolerant
- Rational, prudent, and practical
- Open with praise, discreet with criticism
- Work independently and make decisions
- Multi task, detail oriented, remain service centric
- Communicate and maintain relationships with co-workers and key stakeholders
- Manage time effectively
- To take initiative towards learning new tools and processes
- To compare and negotiate items, review and execute contracts, and meet timelines
- Make sound decisions with minimal supervision
- Assist with general manager issues with professionalism maintaining hospitable attitude.
- Essential Functions:
- Responsible for the overall development and execution of strategies that will support, strengthen and grow the hotels and organization as a whole
- Manage the daily function of the accounting office including AP, AR, Payroll, Income Auditing, Account & Bank Reconciliation, and General Cashiering, while ensuring that the office functions take place efficiently and with proper accuracy.
- Oversee accounting software in order to prepare an accurate P&L monthly and its presentation to ownership.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of all financial statements and account reconciliations on a monthly basis; meeting all deadlines.
- Oversee monthly and yearly cash flows.
- Maintain property accounting controls such as cash, petty cash, purchase orders and ensure compliance with accounting policies.
- Oversee compliance of purchase order system.
- Work with Department heads to develop budgets.
- Oversee and maintain the Capital Budgets.
- Work with department heads on understanding their departmental budget and staying inside their budget as well as considering the forecast.
- Provide tools for department heads to enhance their ability to manage effectively. Examples of this would be maintaining a payroll analysis tool to let them know where they are against budget as well as where they are to their targets based on forecast.
- Assist GM on P&L analysis and variance explanations for the EOM reports & P&L Critiques.
- Assist GM with expense forecasts and weekly owner’s reports.
- Work with GM to enhance revenues and control expenses to improve the bottom line by being part of the team and suggesting opportunities in revenue growth and expense efficiencies. Provide knowledge to the GM of upcoming renewal dates on current contracts and looking for possible alternatives to expiring contracts that could enhance the bottom line but do not negatively impact the guests.
- Provide information and assist with annual audit as needed
- Oversee payroll input, review payroll data for accuracy and control
- Complete the “End of Month” process including preparing journal entries for Income, Payroll, Amortizing prepaid items, booking accruals and other items.
- Work with night audit on the accounting portion of their work to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
- Maintain and train accounting associates on an as needed basis.
- Maintain and update all SOPs for the Hotel Accounting Area
- Work with auditors and tax consultants to ensure compliance with federal, state & local statutory regulations.
- Drive service excellence
- Develop and execute action plans to improve P&L performance
- Work closely with the Director of Accounting/Controller in assessing and driving overall performance
- Maintain positive owner relationships
- Perform other duties as needed by supervisor.
Measured Performance Achievement Standards:
- Timely & accurate Federal, State and local tax, regulatory and filing requirements
- Timely and accurate Filing of Period, Quarterly, and Annual Financial Reporting
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.