Title: Accounting Manager
Department: Vice President of Finance (90002080)
Location: Houston (1100)
Salary Range: $75,519 – $100,000
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm
Employment Duration: Full-time
The Grants and Contracts Accounting (GCA) Accounting Manager will serves as a source of expertise, training, and education in matters relating to financial and regulatory support for sponsored research funds awarded to the Baylor College of Medicine. The ideal candidate for this position must provide administrative guidance to the GCA reporting team and staff, PI and department personnel on the utilization and reporting requirements from federal, state and private awarding agencies including but not limited to the National Institute of Science (NIH),and the Cancer Prevention Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT).
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual close activities including preparation of journal entries, review/analysis of financial results, and reconciliation of accounts.
- Coordination of quarterly reviews, annual audits, and internal control audits with external and internal auditors.
- Work with Principal Investigators (PIs), administrators, other department managers and coordinator to ensure post award compliance to all federal, state, and private sponsors.
- Implementation and monitoring of various financial policies and procedures.
- Review Staff Accountant GL reconciliations, corporate schedules and other deliverables.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations as assigned.
- Provide support and assist with financial and regulatory audits.
- Summarize complex financial transactions and upload to the general ledger.
- Evaluate new contracts, service agreements and sponsor’s correspondence for impact to managing the accounting requirements for the use of award funds.
- Helps to determine system improvements related to servicing operations, improving financials or financial reporting, and maintaining regulatory compliance.
- Work with SAP team, IT, and/or business analysts on automation and integration between various projects and systems.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Supervise and Review staff accountants work.
- Provide internal and external training to college personnel as needed.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Required: Five years of relevant experience.
- Preferred: Supervisory experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.