About the Role…
More than a knowledgeable accountant, Point of Rental’s Accounting Manager needs to be a motivating team-builder and leader. They’ll be responsible for leading and performing the day-to-day activities of multiple accounting functions as well as ensure accounting and finance issues and processes are appropriately identified, analyzed, and documented in technical memos. They’ll also help drive the design, development, testing, implementation, and documentation of new and existing accounting systems and related interfaces. As a leader in an innovative company, they’ll be a key catalyst for change and will recommend process and system modifications to improve internal controls and increase efficiency. Here are some of the key responsibilities the Accounting Manager will take on:
- Accounts Payable and Purchasing – responsibilities may include vendor management, forms and submissions (W-9, 1099, etc.), corporate credit cards, expense management, use tax, controls and compliance, monthly close, and spend analysis.
- Accounts Receivable and Revenue – responsibilities may include revenue analysis, revenue recognition (ASC 606 and IFRS 15), credit analysis, foreign exchange revaluation, collections, cash application, commission calculation, working with sales team, monthly close, and sales tax.
- General Accounting – responsibilities may include fixed assets, working with external auditors, cost accounting, utilization, controls and compliance, monthly close, reconciliations, ad hoc and pro forma reporting, variance analyses, CAPEX, change analyses, professional services and project accounting, allocations, inter-company transactions, research, and consolidation.
- Tax – responsibilities may include working with external tax accountants (globally), forms and submissions, research, corporate tax returns, franchise tax returns, state tax returns, and tax analyses.
- Analytics – responsibilities may include advanced statistical analyses, reporting, data mining, KPI’s and metrics, and dashboards.
- The above roles include some of the general duties that an employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties for this position will vary and may change from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Willingness to jump in and do whatever it takes to complete the tasks and objectives.
- Possess advanced accounting and internal controls knowledge – solid understanding of US GAAP and knowledge or interest in international accounting matters (UK, AUS, etc.).
- Self-motivated, detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and execute concurrent assignments.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Excel functions and possess an understanding of database tools to perform SQL queries.
- Knowledge of Sage Intacct and Salesforce (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, & CPQ).
- Possess innovative thinking abilities with a high degree of motivation and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to constant change to meet deadlines.
- Possess a willingness to take ownership and work collaboratively as part of a team are essential.
- Critical thinking and strong analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 7 years of combined public or corporate accounting experience.
- 3 years of direct management of an accounting team.
- Master’s degree in Accounting or MBA and related equivalent experiences.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- Six Sigma (Black or Green Belt).
Full-Time, Exempt. Base salary + benefits, 100% 401K matching (up to 4%), and profit sharing.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.