Nanak’s Landscaping is committed to building an outstanding company with awesome people and exceptional results. We believe that through complete, professional landscape solutions we are at the top of our industry. We are a fast-growing company and encourages employees to grow with the company, whether in their position or into new positions in the company. Nanak’s welcomes diversity as it brings a stronger awareness and appreciation for the communities which we support and work within.
The accounting manager is responsible for managing the accounting department. This role manages the daily functions of the accounting process and team while maintaining standards of excellence for processes, methods and personnel.
- Ensure all financial activity and reporting is prepared in in an accurate and timely manner in compliance with company policies and procedures and US GAAP.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department area including GL, A/R and A/P.
- Assign projects and direct staff to ensure all activities are processed into the system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Manage and develop accounting team to ensure compliance, efficiency and accuracy within the accounting operations.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and analyze accounting data and product financial reports and statements.
- Prepares and/or reviews appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Completes month end, quarter end and year end closing.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Ensure the goals and needs of the department, company and its customers are consistently met.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Hiring and training accounting staff
- Other duties may be assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent number of years of experience.
- Financial background with 7+ years of experience
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of account principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations, [Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)].
- Excellent knowledge of accounting software; QuickBooks desired
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office, Word and Excel
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Sense of ownership and pride in performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and managers
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 7 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.