Pacifica Graduate Institute
Position directs and supervises the timely, confidential, and accurate functions of: financial statement preparation, budgeting, forecasting, cash management, GAAP audit process from start to finish, AP, student billings, federal funds, compliance, ESOP and 401(k) administration. Controller is responsible for the integrity of all accounting systems and insures that all procedures and policies maintain excellent internal control and separation of duties to minimize opportunities for fraud and other abuses. Incumbent is responsible for training all direct reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES IN SUPERVISING:
- Preparation of all client participation audit schedules.
- Preparation of compliance worksheet for bank covenants and DOE compliance (e.g. 90/10 testing)
- Reconciliation of all bank accounts and monitoring cash balances to optimize investment earnings.
- Reconciliation and monitoring of Federal funds by coordinating with the Financial Aid Office.
- Accurate recording of semi-monthly payroll to the general ledger.
- Transmission of 401k employee deductions, loan payments, and employer matching contributions.
- Reconciliation of all 401k contributions to provider’s balances.
- Preparation of annual 401(k) and ESOP census.
- Administration of the credit card use by all employee/holders.
- Preparation and electronic submission of 1099’s and 1098-T’s.
- Workers’ Compensation reports and assist with audits.
- Preparation of state sales tax returns.
- Preparation of occupancy tax returns
- Application of financial aid disbursements to student accounts and the calculation of refunds.
- The formation of the annual budget and the preparation of monthly budget variances.
- Administration of all merchant credit card accounts.
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Participate in committee work and execute special projects as assigned.
- Interpret policies and recommend changes as warranted.
- Work within existing policies and procedures with interpretation sometimes necessary.
Business Office Staff
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above and below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to interface with a number of different departments and outside agencies; Must be detailed oriented with good prioritization, time-management skills, and organizational skills. Strong team player with ability to multi-task and possessing good communication skills both written and oral; Must have ability to maintain confidentiality. Must understand and offer good service. Ability to work with moderate supervision and ability to problem-solve.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance;
5-7 years experience with general ledger posting & reconciliation;
5-7 years progressively responsible accounting experience;
Knowledge of Financial Aid Title IV regulations;
Knowledge of 401(k)’s and ESOP’s;
3-5 years supervisory experience
PC literate; MS Office (including Word and Excel);
Ten key calculator.
General office equipment;
ReportSmith, Exacct (AUL), and Sage MAS 90 ERP;
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervisor: 3 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.