The Accounting Manager supports the Business Manager by overseeing the efficient operation of all areas relating to accounting functions and financial reporting, including daily, weekly, monthly and annual accounting tasks and duties.
The Accounting Manager may also assist in the maintenance of employee benefits and office management.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Under the supervision of the Business Manager, the Accounting Manager
- Oversees daily accounting activities
- Reviews accounting functions including but not limited to banking, cash reconciliations, check runs, accounts receivable transactions, fixed asset activity, payroll, accounts payable, debt activity, cash management
- Maintains organized set of detailed records and files to document financial transactions
- Assists in resolving complex accounting issues
- Reviews general ledger at least monthly to ensure accuracy
- Assists in production of financial reports for senior management
- Assists in coordinating monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities
- Prepares required government reports for approval and submission
- Monitors budget and forecasting activities
- Works with outside CPA firm
- Recommends improvements to accounting processes
- Monitors and reviews insurance policies including but not limited to workers compensation, automobile, general liability, health, vision, and dental
- Assists in inventory management using SAP accounting software
- Assists in annual inventory
- Assists with telephones, as needed
- Assists with customer service, as needed
- Maintains adequate supplies at the facility.
- Business Acumen
- Ethical Conduct
- Financial Management
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear; to use hands to operate a variety of office equipment, including computers; stand and walk.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs
- Close vision is required.
- Noise levels are usually quiet.
- Work is performed mostly in a casual office setting; employee may be exposed to wet, hot, dusty, cold conditions while on the premises and walking between buildings.
Education and Experience
- AA with emphasis in accounting or related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience as a bookkeeper, accounting manager or supervisor preferred
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Understanding of proper methods and means for currency movement (foreign) and accounting standards
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, interact with management in a timely and proactive manner
- Knowledge of policies and practices associated with payroll and benefits administration; basic knowledge of personnel policies and procedures preferred
- PC proficient; experience with automated accounting systems. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal/customer service skills required
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Pre-employment drug testing and background check required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Relevant: 1 year (Required)
- Accounting: 1 year (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.