Solis Lighting and Electrical, Inc.
Are you an Accounting guru AND looking to join a fast-paced and growing company? Look no further! Solis Lighting & Electrical Services Inc. is looking to add an Accounting Manager to join our growing home office staff. We are looking for an individual that can keep up with our fast-paced while getting it done! This position will be responsible for daily, weekly and monthly accounting tasks. The position will oversee and manage payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, business licensing and insurance.
Who We Are:
Solis Lighting & Electrical Services, Inc. is a leading maintenance, repair, upgrade and project roll-out partner. We have successfully expanded our services from lighting repair and maintenance to include a wide range of energy conservation measures, including EMS systems and high efficiency motor applications. As we continue to grow, so does our team and the opportunities!
The Accounting Manager is expected to be a key-player in developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. The position will supervises the accounting staff and will make strategic recommendations for staffing needs. Deadlines must be met in a timely manner and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation and financial reporting.
- Apply a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure to develop and ensure accurate and timely financial and performance reporting
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed
- Clean up old receivables and initiate procedures for managing receivables
- Work with staff to understand and improve the purchasing, receiving, and payable procedure for all purchases
- Initiate budget and forecasting activities
- Interface with other departments to verify transaction report data and any issues
- Respond to inquiries from management regarding financial results, and any special reporting
- Work with the retained CPA firm to ensure clean and timely year end financials
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department and the company
- Manage all business licensing and insurance requirements
- Manage multi-state sales tax and audits
- 10+ years of Accounting and finance experience
- Must have experience with multi-state Sales Tax and business licensing
- Excellent computer skills including financial accounting systems-Quickbooks and/or Sage Intacct Accounting Software
- Bachelors degree in accounting preferred
- Must have excellent communication and be a team player
- Must be detail oriented and have good organizational skills
- Must have good leadership and interpersonal skills to supervise department staff and to work with other departments
- Strong analytical, accounting research and problem solving skills required
- Ability to self-initiative activities and to work within tight timelines
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 10 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.