StackCommerce is on a mission to enable people to organically discover products and brands they love on the publications and media they engage with every day. Our native commerce solutions build new, incremental revenue streams for publishers, and empower our brand partners to reach relevant audiences through content. With more than 750 publisher partners, the company’s media network reaches over 1 billion monthly visitors and has over 6 million registered users. StackCommerce is headquartered in Venice, CA and was recognized as one of LA Business Journal’s 2017 Best Places to Work in Los Angeles. The company is backed by top investors including Draper Associates, 500 Startups, Amplify, and Wavemaker Partners.
StackCommerce is looking for a hard-charging self-starter for our Accounting Manager role. This person will play a key role and will be responsible for overseeing and executing certain critical accounting and financial reporting functions. This role will be responsible for helping to maintain the company’s books, internal controls, payroll, taxes and compliance, and FP&A. The duties will include preparing journal entries, month-end close, and AP/AR management. Because of the unique value this position provides the business, this role has an enormous growth potential for aspiring finance and accounting professionals. The position is a “hands-on” position and reports to the Controller and will work closely with the VP of Finance, as well as all teams and executives in the company to ensure accurate and timely reporting in a fast-paced, challenging and fun Venice beach start-up environment.
- Provide accurate, timely, and GAAP-compliant financial statements on a monthly basis
- Report on monthly variances of actuals to budget and prior periods and recommend appropriate course of action as necessary
- Maintain the cash forecast model and work with the management team to ensure efficient use of company funds
- Represent Accounting when working with Product & Engineering on new initiatives
Accounting & Payroll:
- Oversee implementation and reporting of new revenue streams and company initiatives
- Responsible for month-end closing duties, expenses, and AP/AR
- Perform monthly analysis and reconciliations of above balance sheet accounts
- Maintain accounting system and ensure accurate and timely entries are posted to the general ledger
- Proactively identify areas for possible improvement; implement new systems and processes to optimize financial statement close process and improvement of accounting control procedures and documentation
- Drive accounting optimization initiatives and special projects
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Ensure that cash and revenue are reconciled on a regular basis
- Help to manage banking relationships
- Serve as a liaison for external accountants and tax advisors
- Assist with the payroll process for the company including both W2 employees and 1099 contractors
- Provide support to Controller and VP of Finance as needed including ad-hoc reporting and data queries
Compliance & Taxes:
- Oversee compliance with all tax matters including year-end filings, sales tax, city taxes, ASC718 calculations, any tax credit studies as well as international tax work, if required
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of the documentation of policies, procedures and controls
- Manage audits and reviews of financial statements
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance or Accounting
- 5+ years of experience in accounting and finance
- REQUIRED: Experience working with and producing GAAP-compliant financial statements
- REQUIRED: Advanced Excel modeling and analytical skills an absolute must
- Initiative and Self-Starter – ability to initiate, drive and own projects to completion with minimal guidance and oversight and without being afraid to head into unchartered territories
- The drive to make a difference and have a meaningful impact – we look for high impact team members
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented even in a rapidly evolving environment
- The ability to see beyond the numbers and merge best practices with business needs
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of colleagues and external partners
- The willingness to dig in and run with projects and work well in a cross-functional team environment to solve problems and take projects from concept to finish
- Ability to proactively identify, resolve and communicate issues
- Licensed, active, and practicing CPA
- Experience with analyzing data for large-scale eCommerce businesses
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience working with QuickBooks Online
- Experience running point on key projects and working closely with senior management
Benefits + Perks:
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Salary, Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27″ thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need.
- Vacation: “Unlimited” Paid Vacation
- Allowances: Stack Coupons, Learning allowances, Monthly Books, and Parking+Uber Dollars.
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal.
- Rad Location: Our office is literally on the beach in Venice – Surf everyday!
- Amazing Events: Annual Company Cruise to Mexico, Yoga on the Beach, Bi-Annual Hackathons
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.