About our Company
We Make Hotels. Sydell Group builds and operates unique properties that are a reflection of their neighborhoods, a celebration of architecture and design, and a gathering place for visitors from near and far. Our hotels are collaborations among exceptional talent from the creative, culinary, and retail worlds, and our goal is to create travel experiences that offer inspiration and a sense of connection to our respective cities. Sydell Group’s diverse portfolio of award-winning hotels include NoMad New York, Los Angeles and Las Vegas; The LINE LA, DC and Austin; Freehand Miami, Chicago, LA and New York; The Ned, London and Park MGM, Las Vegas; as well as the forthcoming NoMad London and LINE San Francisco.
We are seeking a dynamic AR/AP Associate to join our team. A successful candidate will have a genuine passion for the hospitality industry and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Must be courteous and gracious, maintaining a professional demeanor at all times
- Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with fellow colleagues and other departments within the hotel
- Assist AP with journal entries as needed
- Assist with General Cashier duties
- Process Payroll on biweekly basis
- Maintains payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Process Month End and Year End, adhering to all applicable deadlines
- Assist with reconciliations on balance sheet
- Prepare and submit all relevant taxes for the hotel
- Assist with the Internal and External audit
- Actively participate in the management of the PO System and corporate policies and procedures
- Help to establish/correct policies and procedures related to accounting functions, cash control, meeting deadlines, etc.
- Take ownership of all accounting issues brought to your attention by guests
- Maintain an increased awareness of safety issues throughout the hotel
- Participate in scheduled departmental and administrative meetings as requested
- Adhere to all standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos and verbal instructions
- Be familiar with all safety and emergency procedures including OSHA requirements
- Assist with any special projects
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three (3) years related experience in hospitality including Payroll
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Ethical Conduct
- Computer Proficiency: Microsoft Office, Opera PMS
- Positive Attitude
- Eye for Detail
- Problem solving abilities
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive wages and benefits while fostering a diverse and inclusive work experience.
We thrive in being a diverse work environment. Consideration for employment will be based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
About our Brand
Freehand exists for a new generation of urban explorers who seek a deeper connection to the places they visit and a community of likeminded travelers. A mix of private and European-style shared accommodations, comfortable and inspiring public spaces and celebrated food and beverage programs offer a unique home to those traveling alone or together on any budget. At the heart of each Freehand is a passion for connecting guests to the magic that defines their respective cities through a vibrant calendar of events showcasing emerging local creative talent.
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.