Culinary International is a fast-growing, LA-based food manufacturer with a team of over 300 people committed to making high quality frozen and refrigerated packaged food. We are looking for an Accounting Manager to help lead our accounting and finance functions. This position will report to the company CFO and serve as a key advisor to the executive management team. The ideal candidate should be able to establish and scale accounting and finance operations at Culinary International and its subsidiaries. This position will drive and champion implementation of systems, software, and process improvement efforts to support the profitable growth of the business as we scale rapidly.
- Lead daily operations, including preparing and reviewing appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger system, preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and projections (balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements), and related duties.
- Manage financial planning, analysis, and Board-level reporting, including the periodic budgeting and forecasting processes prepared for monthly forecasting and yearly budgeting.
- Prepare GAAP financial statements, which includes data analysis, document preparation, integrity validation, and reconciliation processes.
- Oversee the accounting and finance team and ensure that all tasks and projects, including the ongoing closing process, are being completed in a way that meets or exceeds the department’s guidelines for professionalism and turnaround time.
- Expense management
- Daily payments, cash receipts, wire/ACH transfers, loan activities
- Payroll adjustment, accrual, expense entry
- Personal reimbursement and corporate card expense review
- Asset management
- Sales and Use tax return (monthly)
- Tax exemptions (Vendor contact, Certificate issue & exemption follow up) * Train and mentor staff on department best practices, workflows, and procedures.
- Oversee internal/external audits and bank credit covenant compliance, ensuring that all requested financial documents and information are available and delivered to the proper authorities in a timely manner.
- Maintain fixed asset sub-system and related files; manage the financial reporting related to fixed assets.
- Develop price and cost analysis reports for new and existing items, clients, and business segments.
- Research and implement new streamlined systems and procedures regarding internal controls in order to optimize efficiency and accuracy within the department.
- Ensure that all recurring entries are properly terminated, changed, or reversed at the right trigger points.
- Oversee the resolution of accounting issues with suppliers, clients, and other internal departments.
- Develop ongoing improvement plans for COGS, Overhead, and SG&A management, inventory analysis, and Material Purchasing.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; Finance double major or minor is a huge plus.
- Must have 5-10 years of experience in general accounting; finance or investment banking experience is also a big plus.
- Must be an expert in Excel.
- Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Food manufacturing experience preferred.
- ERP & WMS expertise: Microsoft Dynamics GP and SalesPad preferred.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Must be a proactive self-starter: not only do you know and do your daily responsibilities without being told, but you also can anticipate issues before they happen.
Culinary International has made delicious and authentic Mexican foods for over forty years for the co-manufacturing & private label market. We are headquartered in Los Angeles!
The company is built on long-standing partnerships with many of the leading national food brands and retailers in the United States. For decades, the products we make have been sold at major grocery chains, club stores, and convenience stores across the country.
For more information, please visit our website: culinaryinternational.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Manufacturing: 4 years (Preferred)
- Finance: 4 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 4 years (Preferred)
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.