Epic Land Solutions, a right of way consulting firm based in Torrance, CA, is seeking a full-time accounting manager who combines a solid background in accounting with strong organizational and management skills. The accounting manager reports to the company president, and assumes all responsibility for accounting functions, including G/L preparation, financial reporting, and year-end financial and tax reporting. This is a growth opportunity, as we expect the accounting manager to eventually play a role in key financial decisions.
The ideal candidate will have worked as an accounting manager in a professional services firm, preferably A/E/C. Understanding of DCAA or FAR accounting preferable but will train. BST knowledge helpful.
Key Requirements of the Position. Candidates must have the following experience, either in part or in full:
- Strong cash management and forecasting skills. Must prepare detailed cash flow forecasts on a weekly and monthly basis
- Manage monthly and year-end close
- Supervisory expertise with demonstrated team building and leadership skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong A/R experience working with delinquent accounts
- Experience supervising a team of at least 3 staff
Other Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage banking relationships and compliance reporting
- Oversee account reconciliations and analyses for key accounts
- Timely resolution of outstanding items
- Provide financial analysis including variance to prior period and plan
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- At least five years of progressive experience in accounting and finance
- Three to five years of hands-on management experience, leading, training and developing an accounting team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, stay organized, and meet required deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Expert interpersonal, supervisory, and customer service skills
- Self-starter and independent thinker who takes initiative to “make things work better”
- Desire to work in a smaller, entrepreneurial environment, for a market leader
- Enjoys working with other corporate and regional departments to meet shared goals
- Ability to assess department and personnel needs and rearrange work flow when necessary
- Proven track record motivating and leading staff, with encouragement for their professional development
- A proven leader who has been successful at affecting change at the corporate level
At times this position requires working over 40 hours a week. The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by his/her manager.
Computer skills will be tested prior to hire, and a background check will be conducted upon written offer. Epic participates in E-Verify.
Benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, FSA and DCFSA, 10 paid holidays and 15 days of vacation/PTO. 401(k) plan participation is available after 90 days of full-time employment.
About Epic Land Solutions: Epic has been providing services to public and private clients since 2000. Today, the company has 65 employees working in offices from Southern California to Seattle, Washington. Epic is a privately held company that takes great pride in meeting and exceeding client expectations while fostering a dynamic, team-oriented environment for employees. For more information, please access Epic’s website www.epicland.com
Epic is an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing a work environment free of harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and disrespectful or other unprofessional conduct based on sex , race, religion, color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $105,000.00 /year
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.