The Accounting Manager performs a variety of general accounting duties supporting the organization’s operations; processes day to day financial activity under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Responsible for month end closing process.
- Responsible for accurate entry and posting of the following:
1 – Constituent gift/pledge/pledge payment entry into Raisers Edge and import into Financial Edge;
2 – A/R invoice/payment entry into Financial Edge;
3 – Square/Swipe donations/sales and related fees into Raisers Edge and Financial Edge;
4 – Ebay sales and related fees;
5 – A/P invoices/payment entry into Financial Edge;
6 – Daily deposit logs;
7 – Monthly sales tax calculation and electronic payment;
8 – Reconciliation of bank and balance sheet accounts;
9 – Process refunds for sales and memberships as needed, in a timely manner;
10 – Prepare month end journal entries;
- Responsible for maintaining accounting records of:
1 – Constituent gift acknowledgements;
2 – Up to date A/R contact records;
3 – Up to date A/P vendor records, including W-9’s;
- Prepare and distribute annual 1096/1099 reporting to the IRS and recipients.
- Assist with the following:
1 – Monthly financial statement preparation;
2 – Annual audit preparation;
3 – Tax Return preparation;
- Manage accounting staff /volunteers;
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college/university.
- Minimum two years of experience processing day to day accounting transactions within an ERP accounting software package.
- Maintain attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of excel.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Professional demeanor.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- 1+ years experience with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge and Raisers Edge software.
- Non-Profit accounting experience.
Benefits include medical, dental, 401(k), vacation leave, sick leave and expanded holiday schedule.
Salary range of $55,000 – $65,000, depending on experience.
This is a full time, exempt position; hours are between 8:00 AM-5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position.
Prospective candidates should email cover letter and resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Non-Profit: 1 year (Required)
- Accounting: 1 year (Required)
- Blackbauds Financial/Raisers Edge: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.