We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Accounting Manager, who will be an integral part of the finance and accounting team and report to the Director of Accounting. Working with the Director of Accounting, you will assist with the day to day accounting operations of the company.
The ideal candidate will ensure the application of sound accounting practices and initiate process improvements, demonstrate proficiency in areas related to the technical accounting interpretation and financial reporting and communicate clearly with all levels of the organization. Passion for analyzing large amounts of accounting information and data to identify significant and necessary opportunities to benefit the financial health and well-being of an organization is a critical element for us as we consider candidates for this position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure accuracy/appropriateness of activity recorded in the general ledger via timely preparation and review of monthly reconciliations and analyses related to balance sheet accounts.
- Periodic review of standard accruals to determine if adjustment is necessary based on trended activity
- Manages and participates in GL accounting monthly close procedures, adhering to the close schedule, including preparation, review, and posting of journal entries, and P&L analysis
- Responsible for payroll accounting and related liability account reconciliations
- Review of Accounts Payable voucher packages for proper approval and coding
- Backup to Accounts Payable
- Assist with developing proper written accounting controls and processes, and that they are implemented and adhered to within the accounting processes
- Identify areas for process improvements and efficiencies and communicate these opportunities to senior management
- Assist Director of Accounting with annual audits and on ad-hoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, CPA a plus
- 5 to 10 years work experience in Accounting.
- A blend of public accounting experience (ideally Big 4 background) and private industry experience preferred
- Solid understanding of accounting and finance principles
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong business partnering and interpersonal skills
- Organized, flexible and easily adaptable to changing conditions
- Ability to work well in high pressure situations in order to meet deadlines
- High degree of proficiency with NetSuite, Excel, and Google Suite
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage numerous simultaneous priorities
- High energy, independent thinker, high ownership of work product and dedication and commitment to driving results
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.