Universal Plant Services, Inc
Headquartered in the Houston metropolitan area, Universal Plant Services has 14 full-service facilities spanning the U.S. Gulf Coast, West, and Midwest, making it one of the largest specialty service companies in North America. With our demonstrated commitment and capability to address client needs and requirements wherever their operations occur, UPS offers a world of equipment service capabilities.
For 30 years, Universal Plant Services (UPS) has been a comprehensive service provider for the energy industry, providing project management, installation, maintenance and repair services for rotating and fixed equipment for daily maintenance requirements, turnarounds, and capital projects.
***Accounting Manager should have experience in the Oil & Gas or Heavy Industrial industry***
UPS Instrument & Electrical Division located in Baytown, TX is in search for an Accounting Manager. Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited college, prior supervisory experience, strong organization and excel skills, working knowledge of AP, PR, AR, GL and financial reporting.
ACCOUNTING MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Financial Accounting – Preparation of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and corporate policies. Tasks include journal entries, job gross profit analysis, work in process calculation, SG&A Analysis, General Ledger account reconciliations.
- Invoicing – oversee invoicing function and personnel, monitor unbilled hours and costs. Review and process credit memos.
- Accounts Payable – oversee accounts payable function and personnel; ensure coding accuracy and proper tax recording on vendor invoices. Approve vendor invoices and expense reports.
- Payroll – Supervise payroll function and personnel, assisting as needed and reviewing for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure that the purchasing/receiving procedures are followed
- Work with Estimating team to update gross profit percentage for projects for percentage of completion calculations
- Project Analysis – attend periodic meetings with operations team to discuss progress of jobs, monitor costs for job to maintain estimated gross profit percentage.
- Management Reporting – Complete daily manpower report for organization leaders, focusing on accuracy and timely submission.
- Operation Assistance – provide assistance to operations team in all accounting, financial and administrative matters.
- Administration – Manage the day to day administrative needs of company and supervise administrative staff.
- Collections – Oversee collections for company, working with customers to ensure timely payment of invoices. Submit weekly collection reports.
- Fixed Asset Management – work with corporate office on additions, deletions and transfers of fixed assets for company. Manage capital expenditure request for company.
- Budgeting – Assist in the preparation of fiscal year budget and comparison with the actual expenses throughout the year.
- Assist corporate office with task as they are assigned (customer audit, financial audit, sales tax audit etc.)
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting Manager: 7 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.