North Florida Regional Medical Center
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
North Florida Regional Healthcare is an organization centered around the community hospitals in Gainesville, Florida – North Florida Regional Medical Center (NFRMC). NFRMC is a 432-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics, neurosciences, minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery, weight loss surgery and treatment, women’s health and wound therapy, among other services.
Position Description: Under general direction, administers the general accounting and patient business services, including third-party reimbursement, financial and statistical reporting functions of the hospital, in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures.
- Prepares assigned monthly journal entries accurately, completely, and timely.
- Reviews all check requests for correct account coding, appropriate signatures, and appropriate supporting documentation
- Accurately prepares assigned balance sheet account reconciliation by deadline, Follows up on reconciling items by the following month
- Assists in preparing year end Medicare work papers
- Coordinates and assists with preparation of annual External Audit work papers accurately and timely
- Coordinates and assists with preparation of annual corporate tax and SEX work papers accurately and timely
- Reviews assigned general ledger accounts during month end close accurately and timely
- Serves as backup for Daily PLUS stat entry and monthly QMIRS entry. Stats are accurately stated per standards and adjusted as needed for operational changes
- Prepares reports and schedules for management and division leadership; details and analyzes monthly financial activity and statistical data, including MOR variance analysis and comments.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of GAAP, Internal Controls, and Ethics and Compliance, relates to Accounting entries, process, and SOX and ICQ audits.
- Assists in the development of formal departmental orientation and education plan and helps ensure staff are properly trained, and have the necessary access to applicable computer applications and hardware.
- Supervision and management of the accounts payable functions routinely, including oversight of Lawson AP queue, expense accrual process and entries. Continually evaluates process for effectiveness and efficiency and recommends changes as needed. Serves as a mentor to all staff and directors in Lawson AP training.
- In cooperation with the Controller and Assistant Controller, provides leadership in direction of accounting services and programs. Ensures the selection, retention, training, and assignment of competent workforce to ensure effective delivery of departmental services. Demonstrates accountability for monitoring utilization of departmental resources, physical space, equipment, department protocols, standards, policies, and processes.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
3-5 years of experience in fast paced accounting environment with hands on experience in month end & year end close, audits, analytics, financial statement preparation, as well as AP, AR, Balance sheet reconciliations, SOX, and internal controls.
Healthcare Accounting experience is preferred
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Demonstrated success and abilities in leadership, achieving results, process development, communications, customer service and health care management. Proficient in Windows and Microsoft office, particularly Excel. Self-motivated, with strong critical thinking skills and analytical ability.
Must be able and willing to work additional hours during close as needed, including some weekends.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.