Seeking a full-time accounting manager who combines a solid background in accounting with strong organizational and management skills. The accounting manager reports to the company president, and assumes all responsibility for accounting functions, including G/L preparation, financial reporting, year-end financials and tax reporting. Strong communication skills are necessary in working with banks, vendors and operating units. This is a growth opportunity, as we expect the accounting manager to eventually lead to Director.
The ideal candidate will have worked as an experienced senior at a major or regional accounting firm or as an accounting manager in a professional services firm. Services and project management reporting a definite plus.
Key Requirements of the Position. Candidates must have the following experience,
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Economics with emphasis in Accounting or Finance required
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight schedules.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, a team player in a fast moving environment (verbal, written, etc.)
- Strong cash management and forecasting skills. Must prepare detailed cash flow forecasts on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Supervisory expertise with demonstrated team building and leadership skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Manage banking relationships and compliance reporting
- Oversee account reconciliations and analyses for key accounts
- Timely resolution of outstanding items
- Provide financial analysis including variance to prior period and plan
- Creative in developing adhoc reporting and analytics for improvements and change
- Bachelor’s degree in business or economics with emphasis in accounting or finance
- At least 5 to 7 years of progressive experience in an accounting or finance position(s)
- Ability to prepare and manage financial and operational reporting requirements
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, stay organized, and meet required deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Expert interpersonal, supervisory, and customer service skills
- Lead daily operations, including preparing and reviewing appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger system, preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and projections (balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements), and related duties.
- Manage financial planning, analysis, and Board-level reporting, including the periodic budgeting and forecasting processes prepared for monthly forecasting and yearly budgeting.
- Prepare GAAP financial statements, which includes data analysis, document preparation, integrity validation, and reconciliation processes.
- Expense management and reporting
- Daily payments, cash receipts, wire/ACH transfers, loan activities
- Payroll adjustment, accrual, expense entry
- Personal reimbursement and corporate card expense review
- Tax exemptions (Vendor contact, Certificate issue & exemption follow up) * Train and mentor staff on department best practices, workflows, and procedures.
- Oversee internal/external audits and bank credit covenant compliance, pension plan management, ensuring that all requested financial documents and information are available and delivered to the proper authorities in a timely manner.
- Maintain fixed asset sub-system and related files; manage the financial reporting related to fixed assets.
- Develop price and cost analysis reports for new and existing items, clients, and business segments.
- Maintain and manage the Accounts Payable process
- Maintain and manage the Accounts Receivable process
- Provide analysis on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks)
- Analyze total Corporate expenses, including comparisons to forecast results and trended results.
- Prepare Balance Sheet account reconciliations
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.