Atlanta area poultry company is looking for a knowledgeable self-motivated leader to be the Assistant to the Accounting Department Controller
Job Type: Salaried Full-time
Salary: Commensurate based on Experience
- Posting to accounting system accruals, pre-paid expenses, inventory reconciliations, and other adjustments and journal entries for financial statement reporting.
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles.
- Complete weekly estimates, month-end and year-end close.
- Understanding of basic principles of capitalization.
- Monitor and write up requisitions for new or maintenance on fixed assets
- Respond to and resolve accounting questions and problems in a timely and courteous manner.
- Communicates effectively and courteously orally and in writing with corporate, internal staff, external clients and vendors.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, and procedures.
- Evaluate records for accuracy of account balances, postings, calculations, and other records pertaining to business or operating transactions and reconcile or note discrepancies.
- Prepare reports for various reporting agencies.
- Ability to apply analytical skills for variance research.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs, so flexibility and a willingness to serve where needed is required.
Requires enthusiasm, initiative, and effective judgment. Must be receptive to sudden and frequent changes in priorities. A hands-on work ethic with creative problem-solving skills, managing processes, management proficient, coordination, motivating others, attention to detail, disciplined, consistent, and hard working.
Educational Requirement: Degree in Accounting preferred (not required)
- Accounting managerial experience: 2-5 years (Required)
- Poultry or food industry experience (preferred)
- Experience with Dynamics 365 (not required)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- This well compensated position offers a competitive benefits package which includes; Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Basic Life insurance, and a 401K Plan with matching funds
- Bonus program is offered based on company profits
- Relocation package is also available (for out of state candidates)
- How many years Accounting experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Relocation assistance
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.