ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Posts to and maintains various ledgers; prepares or assists in preparing basic reports.
- Receives, records and deposits cash receipts; prepares daily tabulations and reports of cash receipts; distributes receipts to proper funds following established routines; makes daily entries in cash receipts ledger, prepares checks for deposit.
- Assists in the creation of T-forms, budget transfers, journal entries, and check requests as needed.
- Classifies receipts and disbursements in accordance with established codes, referring questionable allocations to the supervisor; maintains billing and posting of charges and credits to accounts; enters transactions into computerized accounting system using a computer terminal.
- Inputs computer system control parameters and maintenance transactions into the accounting system.
- Prepares payroll and vendor checks for payment of transactions having immediate priority.
- Prepares reports and maintains accounting schedules and other statistical schedules.
- Prepares records to maintain payroll/personnel database.
- Verifies accuracy of bi-weekly payroll checks, pension checks, and related reports.
- Checks customer accounts receivables and acts in accordance with established policy.
- Enter invoices and other documents into EBS (Oracle e-Business Suite), verify the data entered for accuracy and make appropriate corrections as needed.
- Identify, research and reconcile problems with supervision.
- Review and enter manual journal and budget entries submitted by user departments requiring City Manager approval.
- Prepare and organize records to be sent to Records Retention.
- Maintain an ongoing file of unapproved invoices and follow-up with user departments and vendors timely, in accordance with the Florida Prompt Payment Act.
- Copy and distribute invoices to appropriate departments for approval of payment.
- Routinely scan various documents for archiving
- Run reports from the internet purchasing card system and review transactions and documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Review and audit travel advance and reimbursement documents prior to payment.
- Reconcile vendor statements of account with Accounts Payable records.
- Maintain confidentiality of records in compliance with Florida’s Government-in the-Sunshine Law.
- Assists with annual budget preparation.
- May perform various non-accounting functions, such as maintaining departmental personnel and payroll records and filing and retrieving documents.
- Assists professional accounting personnel with financial statement and budget preparation.
- Works with third party vendors to reconcile problems with unpaid invoices
- Performs new hire procedures and documentation for hiring authorities.
- Participates in projects as applicable.
- Performs related work as required.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE):
- High school diploma from an accredited school or its equivalent.
- Two (2) years of experience in a finance, accounting, payroll, or book keeping related field.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provide the knowledge, skills and abilities and other competencies necessary for success in the target position may be considered.
Required Documents: GED, High School Diploma, College Diploma or Unofficial Transcripts
- Must possess and maintain a valid telephone number.
- May be required to work overtime, or alternate hours, as necessary for the efficient operation of the department.
- Position may be designated as Mission Critical by Department Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND WORKING CONDITIONS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of basic double entry bookkeeping principles and practices and their application to accounting transactions.
- Knowledge of modern office methods, procedures and equipment.
- Ability to learn City and departmental policies and procedures governing payroll and purchasing.
- Ability to maintain moderately complex financial records and prepare routine and special financial reports and statements.
- Ability to make and verity computations with accuracy at a reasonable rate of speed.
- Ability to operate various office equipment, including a computer terminal and calculator, in accordance with established procedures.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective relationships with supervisor, co-workers, other City employees and the general public.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn PeopleSoft, Maximo, Oracle, UMS (City’s customer and document management applications sufficient to perform essential functions and responsibilities of the position.
- Requires sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a recurring basis, and routine keyboard operations.
- The job risks exposure to no significant environmental hazards.
- The job requires normal visual acuity, and field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception, sense of smell, depth perception, and texture perception.
All City of Lakeland positions are subject to testing (e.g. written, oral, performance, computerized, interview, and/or any combination). Candidates selected for testing will be notified via email or telephone. Please check your e-mail and telephone messages regularly, including “junk” folders. Test times and locations to be announced.
THE CITY OF LAKELAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS EMPLOYER AND A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.