MISSION STATEMENT: The mission of Society of St. Vincent de Paul South Pinellas, Inc. is to alleviate pain and suffering, in a spirit of justice and charity, through person-to-person involvement.
SUMMARY: The Accountant provides a broad spectrum of accounting functions and business practices that relate to the financial integrity of the District Office and SSVF Program. Individual will effectively establish and maintain accounting practices to ensure accurate and reliable data necessary for business operations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at this time).
- Create and maintain Excel spreadsheets
- Prepares and deposits money into bank
- Reviews invoices for accuracy and completeness and enters into computer system
- Examines records of amounts due and makes sure invoices are paid according to terms
- Input, maintain and processes all checks for accounts payable
- Sorts and files documents after posting
- Reconcile bank statements monthly, prepare and enter adjustments
- Processes enrollment forms and provides assistance and information to SSVF employees
- Prepare and execute drawdowns from the VA’s HHS PMT Management System
- Processes 1099’s
- Prepare and execute drawdowns from the VA’s HHS PMT Management System
- Confirm the delivery of payment via courier or pick-up site managers weekly
- Input and maintain all accounts payable
- Prepare all purchase orders and provide them to the Finance Director with back-up material and/or explanations and maintain a log of orders for future reference
- Review accounts payable invoices, compare to purchase orders, prepare checks for signatures and remit payments in a timely manner
- Prepare special reports, documents, and records as needed
- Prepare electronic financial reports for Management Team and VA on a weekly and monthly basis for monitoring
- Complies with all applicable training requirements
- Complies with all company safety, personnel and operational policies and procedures
- Complies with work schedule to ensure effective operations of Agency programs
- Contributes positively as a member of a productive and cooperative team
- Performs other duties as necessary to fulfill the Society of St. Vincent de Paul South Pinellas Inc., Mission.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.)
- Able to speak, write and understand English.
- Possess basic computer skills
- Must be sensitive to and respect cultural diversity amongst clients, staff and volunteers and able to work with diverse racial, ethnic and economic groups
- Flexible work schedule including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to set appropriate limits, work under deadlines and multi-task
- Ability to organize, prioritize, self-motivate, and deliver results
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Possess strong work ethics
- Successfully pass Law Enforcement background screening
- Valid Florida driver’s license if driving an agency vehicle or a personal vehicle for company business
- Must have reliable transportation
- Participates in Agency Performance Quality Improvement (PQI) program and Accreditation/ Reaccreditation process
- Mission driven attitude supplemented with integrity and passion
- Adherence to the highest ethical standards, personally and professionally
- A high level of openness and willingness to receive feedback/suggestions from superiors and others, and to learn new skills to improve job performance
- Evidence of deep alignment with the Society of St. Vincent de Paul South Pinellas, Inc. Mission and Values.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.)
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities, accept and respond to direction and guidance, and detail oriented
- Knowledge of basic clerical tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to accurately file alphabetically and numerically
- Extensive knowledge of Access, Excel, Microsoft Word and accounting software, such as Quick Books
- Strong organizational, time management, and data management skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve under pressure
- Ability to construct written correspondence with co-workers, vendors, etc. via e-mail, memos, or forms.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: (Pending on position and if prior to hire is approved by Chief Executive Officer, a comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum education qualifications)
- This position requires minimum Associate’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Minimum two years business experience in related field. Must have knowledge of Federal, State Wage, and Hour Laws
GENERAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made, if appropriate, to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of job. Working in an office/site requires prolonged sitting at the computer workstation; standing, bending, reaching, lifting up to 20 lbs. and some driving. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, calculators, telephones, and other office equipment. It is also required to regularly sit, speak, and listen, the employee is also required to walk, use hands and fingers to type, operate equipment, and maintain records and notes. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
MENTAL DEMANDS: Must handle new and diverse work problems on a daily basis. Personal maturity is an important attribute. Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure. Must have the ability to listen objectively to people, perceive the real problem and assist in bringing issues to a successful conclusion. Must relate and interact with, volunteers, clients, contractors, visitors and employees at all levels within the Agency.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Environment will occasionally become noisy due to equipment operations and interactions among clients and staff. There may be the possibility of being exposed to communicable disease, possible exposure to verbal abuse or similar behavior from residents/clients. On an as needed basis, employees may be called upon to work outside of the established work schedule, or work odd hours. All information associated with the Agency is confidential.
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul South Pinellas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTE: This job description does not constitute an employment contract, written, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” and/or grant funded position. Any oral or written statements or promises to the contrary are hereby expressly disavowed and should not be relied upon by any prospective or existing employees. This job description is subject to change by the employer (Society of St. Vincent de Paul South Pinellas, Inc.) at the discretion of the employer, or as the needs of the employer and/or requirement of the job change. Changes can be done formally or informally, either verbally or in writing. The Society of St. Vincent de Paul South Pinellas, Inc. explicitly reserves the right to modify any of the provision of this job description at any time and without notice. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; the duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties or essential function does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.