The Technical Promotions Engineer acts as a technical resource who develops relationships with and educates potential specifiers (private, DOTs etc.) in the benefits of concrete pipe and box to assist in obtaining sales.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Call on Engineers / Specifiers.
- Develop a prioritized call list of engineers and agencies within the territory.
- Develop relationship with DOT leadership, materials, bridge, construction, and hydraulics engineers to keep them educated on AASHTO and local issues.
- Identify and rewrite key specifications within the territory that need modifications to make Rinker Materials’ pipe and box products more competitive. This includes municipalities, counties, DOTs, and private engineers.
- Obtain specification changes that favor concrete pipe and box.
- Solicit upcoming project information from engineers while making calls.
- Track # of projects; $ value of projects: and $ contribution of any specification changes achieved.
- Communicate major project information with sales staff.
- Conduct college engineering class presentations.
- Conduct lunch and learn presentations.
- Establish active direct mail marketing campaign to appropriate specifiers/ engineers/ contractors to address the constant barrage of alternate products literature and advertising.
- Maintain active participation in appropriate Professional Associations including, but not limited to, the local Concrete Pipe Association.
- Attend appropriate local trade shows and handle Rinker trade show booth when necessary.
- Position requires excellent communication and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Education / Experience: B.S. or M.S., Civil Engineering; with prior experience in precast or prestressed concrete industry, preferred.
- Structural engineering skills and P.E. a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Dallas-Fort Worth, TX (Required)
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.simplyhired.com.