The Director of Distribution and Affiliate Marketing will report to the Senior Vice President and will be responsible for distribution and marketing duties with a defined list of (v)MVPD’s, including cable, satellite, telco and emerging digital/over-the-top platforms.
- Lead all aspects of the network’s relationship with defined list of MVPD accounts
- Develop a thorough understanding of prospect and affiliate priorities to identify distribution, product and partnership opportunities.
- Identify, pursue and attain new content distribution opportunities
- Negotiate complex carriage agreements
- Attain sales goals for a-la-carte and SVOD carriage
- Consistently gather and understand key account information including pricing/packaging/positioning business models, new technology/product deployment strategies, as well as strategic partnership and marketing opportunities
- Facilitate marketing and promotional opportunities for affiliate distributors
- Implement affiliate tune-in initiatives for anchor programming to generate viewership to the network
- Facilitate affiliate related event marketing
- Attend equine industry and cable industry trade shows.
- Create and develop Affiliate Sales/Marketing materials
- Manage Affiliate budgets.
The Director, Distribution and Affiliate Marketing will interact with all affiliate sales management and staff as well as programming and production. He/She will interact with affiliates at all levels from the highest marketing and general manager positions to line level marketing personnel. He/She will also interact with various outside vendors in order to better understand prospect and affiliate business
- 3+ years of affiliate distribution/marketing experience
- Experience in negotiating affiliate or related carriage agreements
- General understanding of emerging content distribution trends
- Proven ability to think strategically and analytically
- Ability to create and present deal related sales decks to senior management
- Impeccable reputation and strong relationships within the affiliate industry
- Ability to travel as needed to events, trade shows and function autonomously
Job Type: Full-time
- Affiliate Sales: 5 years (Preferred)
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.simplyhired.com.