Parker's Convenience Stores
REPORTS TO: Store Manager
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION: Responsible to operate the store in the absence of the store manager.
Store Financial Performance
- Make certain store display set up is in accordance with plan-o-grams and merchandising requirements by the company
- Collect and forward competitive activity to the District Sales Leader within established deadlines.
- Responsible for maintaining fuel pricing compliance standards to ensure competitive pricing.
- Assure proper ringing, reporting and accounting of all sales, including merchandise, gasoline, lottery, coupons, and gift cards.
- Timely execution of marketing promotions and price changes.
- Interact with and motivate the team to drive sales plans, programs and promotions to meet store objectives.
- Utilize company systems and procedures designed to control expenses and manage inventory.
- Follow established par levels for all products when ordering. Does not permit vendors to deliver more than amounts requested.
- Verify quantity and quality of products being delivered does not accept damaged, spoiled or out of date product.
- Manage labor and staffing levels during each shift to ensure great customer service while maintaining predetermined labor budget.
- Complete daily reports and review daily close reports for accuracy.
- Make daily bank deposits, change orders, loading of safe and ATM.
- Complete assigned tasks within established deadlines and maintains commitments.
- Conduct inventory counts as requested by the company to help reduce shrink levels.
- Monitor promos, voids, and waste throughout each shift.
- Ensure that excellent standards for customer service, merchandising, operational safety and security are met during each shift.
- Lead by example with a positive and respectful attitude toward others.
- Support the team with hands-on management style and leads with a sense of urgency and purpose.
- Keep restrooms clean and sanitized (toilets, sinks, counters, floors, and mirrors); stocks paper products.
- Assist team members as needed; stays productive during each shift, makes good use of time.
- Complete fuel surveys and bank deposits as necessary, while on duty.
- Complete and delegate shift checklists, daily side work, store walks and cleaning projects and ensure the completion of tasks.
- Make certain store shelves, coolers, freezers and displays are fully stocked, rotated and fronted at all times; prevents out of stocks.
- Maintain clean beverage, condiment and surrounding areas. Sweeping floors throughout the shift and stocking all necessary supplies.
- Maintain cleanliness of retail and work areas, including storage areas.
- Make certain isles and walk ways are cleared at all times in compliance with ADA Title III requirements.
- Maintain cleanliness of gas pumps and makes certain pump toppers, rind strips and column signs are clean, current and posted throughout each shift.
- Make certain outside lights, canopy lights, pumps, and air machine are clean and in good working condition.
- Monitor and empty trash containers when ¾ of the way full
- Create great “curb appeal” by keeping parking lot, walkways, landscaping and grounds free from weeds, litter and debris.
- Adheres to company safety and security practices at all times; ensures the use of wet floor sign as needed.
- Eat and drinks in a designated area of the store away from guest view, food preparation areas, registers and electronic equipment; holds employees accountable to do the same.
- Follow instructions and completes reasonable projects or tasks as requested by immediate supervisor.
- Complete responsibilities within established deadlines and maintains commitments.
- Lead by example and train employees to suggestively sell weekly and monthly promotions, food and beverage specials.
- Assist customers, answer questions and resolve complaints.
- Make certain all products in the store have an accurate price displayed.
- Lead by example by acknowledging and greeting all customers as they enter the store.
- Interact with guests in a respectful, courteous manner, creating a friendly atmosphere.
- Assure fresh, hot coffee and beverages are available at all times.
- Aid and assist customers at self-serve islands as needed.
Food Service/Deli Responsibilities
- Work with Food Service Manager to ensure company expectations are met within the deli department.
- Hold employees accountable to frequently wash hands and wear gloves when handling ready to eat food.
- Ensure clean, organized food preparation areas and swept floors.
- Hold employees accountable to wear hair restraints and non-slip shoes for every shift.
Maintains communication with employees and management
- Speaks honestly and acts with integrity at all times.
- Effectively communicate procedures, promotions and new products to employees.
- Maintain and keep employee communication board current.
- Proactively makes employees aware of weekly schedule changes and confirms accuracy of hours worked.
- Address employee concerns in a reasonable and fair manner, consistent with the values expected by the Company.
- Earn the trust of the others through open, honest communication and good follow through.
- Immediately report all safety issues, incidents, and maintenance needs to immediate supervisor.
Coaching development, performance and morale of management teams and staff
- Provide personal recognition of employees to recognize their contributions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Make certain employee applications, interview guides, reference check forms and all other personnel information are kept in a secured location.
- Complete pre-screen and reference checks as requested by management.
- Utilizes established company programs while training employees.
- Supervise employees during each shift and provides constructive feedback to improve performance levels.
- Promote a solid customer service culture by providing hands on leadership. Maintains visibility in the store during the shift.
- Provides a leadership climate which promotes fair and consistent application of company policies and procedures.
Compliance to company standards, systems, procedures, and policies
- Responsible to ensure all employees are clocked in while on duty and prior to performing any work duties.
- Adhere to federal, state and local laws regarding alcohol and tobacco sales and hold employees accountable to do the same.
- Maintain working knowledge of policies in the employee handbook.
- Instruct employees to maintain clear isles and walk ways in compliance with ADA Title III requirements.
- Accountable to act with integrity, adhere to company expectations of performance and behavior; abide by work rules and demonstrates high standards of moral and ethical conduct at all times.
- Abide by company policies and procedures as established in the Employee Handbook and Training Materials.
- Make certain company safety, robbery prevention and security procedures are communicated and practiced by all employees while performing their work duties.
- Lead by example with excellent personal appearance, uniform and personal hygiene standards.
- Properly use chemicals when cleaning and complies with SDS regulations and hold others accountable to do the same.
- Must be reliable and punctual in reporting to work as scheduled; enforces company time and attendance policy.
- May not sign contracts on behalf of the company.
- Maintain confidentiality of all company information, is forthcoming in reporting all policy and procedural violations and any wrongdoing Management or Human Resources.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Prior management experience in a retail operations or experience within Parker’s.
- Must maintain a current, valid, unrestricted driver’s license.
- Successful completion of age restricted alcohol and tobacco sales training.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to provide excellence in service; perform basic mathematical calculations, read and write, understand and follow instructions.
- Must be detail-oriented and accurate
- Must have good interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a busy environment
- Responsible, dependable, and adaptable to change.
- Assistant Managers are scheduled a variable 5 days, 40 hour work week, or as business necessitates due to employee call outs or sales volume.
GENERAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of retail management position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Shift Length – Varies – 8 to 10 hour shifts
- Flooring and Lighting – Cement, tile, textured flooring and florescent lighting
- Environment – Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes, and loud noise
|Better Chance At Finding High Paying Job Elite Carrier Seeker|
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.