Katmai Government Services
Katmai is looking for a Universal EPA certified HVAC Mechanic to provide support to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the execution of Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) Southeast’s broad and diverse mission of facilitating inter-governmental operational requirements. This position will provide HVAC Mechanic support to Public Works Department (PWD). The base is just about 45 minutes west of downtown Dallas. This position falls under a Service Contract Act, which we will provide a health and welfare fringe rate to each employee. It’s a great opportunity to gain experience and potentially lead to a career with the government.
- Repairs and maintains a variety of large commercial and industrial refrigeration and air conditioning systems and supporting equipment with complex problems and extensive repairs requiring judgment to locate malfunctions. Systems include those with a variety of compressors and refrigerant controls, air cooled and water-cooled chillers, cooling tower, heating water, chilled water, and condenser water pumps, air handling units, direct expansion systems, Direct Digital Controls (DDC) and environmental control and management systems, variable frequency drive motors, CRAC (computer room air conditioning systems) and similar type equipment.
- Performs troubleshooting on a variety of large commercial and industrial refrigeration and air condition systems and supporting equipment. Check elements which control low and high side pressure, temperature sensors, liquid and suction lines, run times on various mechanisms, perform leak checks and other prescribed manufacturer test procedures.
- Performs maintenance on systems to include, dismantling, repairing, reassembling, and testing units such as pumps, impellers, compressors, chillers, receivers, condensers, and evaporators.
- Determines repair action needed through appropriate testing and inspection. In cases where repair is beyond PWD shop workforce prepare and submit deficiency report that provides detailed information of the problem and recommended repair/replacement action.
- Performs preventative maintenance as per job plans provided by the maintenance supervisor to include tightening and lubing of belts and assemblies, replacing filters, cleaning coils and condensers and other prescribed work. Results will be recorded on the inspection report.
- Performs condition assessments on all dynamic HVAC equipment as per the schedule and record results on assessment report.
- Reads and interprets detailed equipment blueprints, electrical schematics, drawings, and specifications for proper installation and determine installation needed to accomplish work so that downtime of system is held to a minimum.
- Observes all established safety practices and procedures including electrical safe and lock-out / tag-out procedures.
- Dons proper personal protective equipment (PPE) when working on live electrical circuits, 50 volts and above.
- Respond to trouble calls involving HVAC repair and maintenance. Calls are received by the Regional Call Center located in Jacksonville, which operates 24-hours a day,7 days per week. The HVAC Mechanic maybe required to respond if called after normal duty hours. Work order assignments will be provided through the Electrical and HVAC Branch Supervisor.
- Must maintain certification credentials in good standing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in building maintenance.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in commercial HVAC maintenance.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must hold a valid and current Universal EPA Certification.
- NATE Certified (or similar).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain HSPD-12 clearance and DBIDS credentials for worksite access
- At a minimum, a record of completion for the OSHA 30-hour Construction Training Course is required and EPA certification ready to handle refrigerants and regulated HVAC emissions.
- At a minimum, a record of completion for the OSHA 30-hour Construction Training Course is required. A record of completion for the EM385-1-1-1 Construction Safety Course (NAVFAC or USACE) is required within 45 days of performance start.
To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply on the company website, https://katmaicorp.com/life-at-katmai/
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Preference will be given to Ouzinkie Shareholders, Spouses of Shareholders, and Descendants of Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003 – 2(i).
Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/FrUjevEY7z
EEO Supplement Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/pzpazUDsKb
Pay Transparency Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/XP6htB3UCc
Right to Work Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/KGGBPdDBaV
Right to Work Poster (Spanish): https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/vUsEZp98X4
E-Verify Poster: https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/ZnhZwl4XK1
E-Verify Poster (Spanish): https://katmai.egnyte.com/dl/HFEbHdtz1e
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.05 to $24.98 /hour
- building maintenance: 3 years (Required)
- commercial HVAC maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- 1. Have you completed the OSHA 30-hour Construction Training Course?
2. How many years of experience do you have using hand tools, portable power tools, and a wide variety of test equipment including special tools such as acetylene torch, ammeters, refrigeration gauges, electronic leak detectors, control devices, vacuum pump, hydraulic press, and micrometers?
3. How many years of repair, installation, assembly and troubleshooting of HVAC systems and controls experience do you have?
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.simplyhired.com.