Rite of Passage - Lake Granbury Youth Services
REGISTERED NURSE or LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE – (RN) / (LPN)
The Nurse (RN / LPN) works as a staff member of the Student Services Team. Primarily responsible for the health care of the students, maintains all student medical files and educates staff and students on health issues, first aid, infectious controls and emergency procedures. Depending on site, the Nurse administratively reports to the Clinical Director or Program Director and clinically reports to the site or contracted Physician/Medical Authority. The RN supervises designated staff if applicable.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RN):
- Educates students, staff and the community regarding relevant health care topics such as: prevention of sports injuries, blood borne pathogens, CPR, First Aid, and behavioral disorders. Assists with other applicable training duties of site employees.
- Works with providers and community agencies to plan programs to meet the students’ health care needs.
- Orders or directs the ordering of supplies, pharmaceuticals and other equipment.
- Monitors monthly expenditure statements.
- Supervises Staff if applicable: Conducts hiring, evaluations, commendations, reprimands and dismissals, reviews and approves time and attendance, conducts training sessions and action plans to assist with staff development.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (LPN):
- Assists with training duties of site employees. Educates students, staff and the community regarding relevant health care topics such as: prevention of sports injuries, blood borne pathogens, CPR, First Aid, and behavioral disorders.
- Assists the supervisor with programs to meet the students’ health care needs.
- Assists with ordering supplies, pharmaceuticals and other equipment.
- Provides supervisor with necessary information to assist with monitoring monthly expenditures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (RN and LPN):
- Works as a member of the site medical team. Provides for the general health care of students and staff, within the scope of the license. Administers immunizations and assists with all health maintenance activities including but not limited to TB screens, Hepatitis Band flu vaccines.
- Ensures the safety, health and welfare of staff and students at all times.
- Provides encouragement, guidance and resources to staff and students when needed.
- Models and ensures all program norms are upheld without compromise.
- Acts as a positive role model and mentor for both staff and students.
- Treats others with respect, confronts negative behavior and supports confrontations.
- Completes required reports and documentation in a timely manner, provides management with required reports and advises of any problematic situations.
- Complies with and implements the Rite of Passage Policies and Procedures as detailed in the appropriate manuals/handbooks. Assists with establishing departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensures the highest standards are maintained to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct and to ensure the program remains in compliance with agency licensing and Rite of Passage policies and procedures.
- Assists with the correction of deficiencies and quality improvement efforts.
- Attends and participates in all required meetings. Must attend all Multi-Disciplinary Team Meetings. (MDT)
- Commits to attending and tracking all training and staff development classes in order to ensure sufficient hours of training for this position and all supervised staff are completed on an annual basis. Notifies supervisor if annual training hours are deficient.
- Other duties as assigned, verbally or in written form to meet the needs of the program.
MARGINAL FUNCTIONS (RN and LPN):
- Participates in Site, Region and/or Company events as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS SPECIFIC TO POSITION:
- RN: Bachelor’s degree in related health care field. Must possess a current Registered Nursing license from the state in which employed. Good interpersonal skills including the ability to interview potential employees.
- LPN: High School diploma or equivalent. Must possess a current Licensed Practical Nursing Credential from the state in which employed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (RN and LPN):
- Minimum of two years of previous medical services administration, including demonstrated experience in operating and securing comprehensive health services programs.
- If required to operate a company vehicle during the course of employment, must meet the requirements to be an eligible ROP driver. Must possess a current State Driver’s License and have an acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years.
- Ability to pass a criminal background clearance check, drug screen, physical and TB test.
- Ability to utilize resources available to complete assigned projects.
- Ability to prepare written reports and correspondence.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing.
- Able to work an excess of 40 hours per week with the possibility of a varied schedule.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must have excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to build and maintain positive internal and external relationships.
- Ability to provide exemplary customer service to all employees and outside constituents.
- Ability to function independently and as a member of a team in a multi-task environment.
- Must be flexible and able to handle multiple priorities, with the ability to adjust to high pressure and rapidly changing business conditions.
- Proficient in the use of computers and associated software.
Job Type: Full-time
- Clean Driving Record: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- RN (Preferred)
- LPN (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
Relocation Assistance Provided:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
|From the USA? You Can Earn Beer Money – Click Me|
To apply for this job please visit www.simplyhired.com.