Area of Interest: Operations Management
Job Title: Inventory and Product Planner
We are currently seeking an Inventory and Product Planner! The Inventory and Product Planner will be in charge of planning and maintaining correct levels of inventory in the warehouse and the different points of sales, all different channels and give support by preparing, analyzing and deciding quantities on purchase orders, handling invoices, requisitions, cost negotiations and inventory reports.
- Inventory Management- Responsible for managing and efficiently allocating retail merchandise across all ships. Works closely with the vendor and warehouse to ensure delivery of new and/or reorders. Follow-up on inventory transfers to confirm receipt of merchandise.
- Reporting- Prepare inventory reports by collecting and analyzing sales information to determine where and when to allocate merchandise through the use of Excel, Hyperion, Tableau and any other tool we need. This role will focus on current and old aged inventory to minimize the reserve for each quarter. Conducts inventory audits by scheduling cycle counts for the central warehouse and across the fleet.
- Buying/Purchasing and Planning- Responsible for vendor relations by managing all Purchase Orders (P.O.’s) ensuring all merchandise gets always in time and with correct levels of stock.
- Re-Orders- Responsible for forecasting and maintaining correct inventory levels by managing the Re-order systems, the maximum and minimum pieces per total in the warehouse and per ship or Point of sale. Suggest pieces to buy based on the business needs and the MOQ’s the vendors request and maximizing revenue by lower the cost as much as possible.
- Vendor set up and Maintenance- This role takes care of setting up new vendors in the system and oversees the maintenance of purchase orders and attends to general vendor issues effectively. Manage new vendor setups and any vendor upkeep.
- Product Development- Gives Support to the product development team when necessary. This could include, but is not limited to, exposure to vendor meetings, participation in trade shows/events, and strategic planning, design and development ideas and meetings, negotiation with vendors.
- Administrative Support- Provides product knowledge support to Retail Cares and maintains daily communication with the ships on inventory concerns.
- Communication trough different sales channels- This role is in touch with RAMs onboard the ships, as well as with other guest commerce departments to better understand and communicate all inventory and merchandising needs and lead times.
- Marketing and Promotions- Provides feedback and propose sales promotions on slow movement merchandise to keep correct and healthy levels of inventory.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Commerce, Administrative Computing, Visual Merchandising, Industrial Engineer, Administration, Management, Interior Designer, Product Development, Buying/Purchasing, or Supply Chain.
- 1 year in area of professional experience required.
- Experience in retail buying or merchandise management with a concentration in novelty or specialty groups, preferred, High degree of accuracy and attention to detail, Communicate clearly and accurately both verbally and orally; business professionalism, Ability to continuously prioritize own workload with minimal direction, Thorough and advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Detail oriented and comfortable working with numbers daily, Proven ability to build cross-functional relationships and collaborations.
- Buying/Purchasing Experience, Planning, Excel, Forecasting, negotiation.
Benefits as a member of Carnival’s Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts.
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs.
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary-profit sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development.
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Two complimentary “Fun Ship” cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors.
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts.
- An on-site Health and Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs.
About Carnival Cruise Line
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates 25 ships designed to foster exceptionally fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Carnival Cruise Line is the leading provider of year-round Caribbean cruises and also operates seasonal cruises in Europe, Alaska, New England, Canada, Bermuda, Hawaii, Mexican Riviera and the Panama Canal. The brand caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, singles and seniors alike. One common denominator among Carnival’s guests is the desire for a truly fun, memorable and enjoyable vacation experience.
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by local, state, federal, and/or international law.
For information about FMLA eligibility and guidelines please visit: www.dol.gov/whd/fmla (copy and paste link into your browser)
(After Registration, you will be redirected to this job Apply page automatically)